Hardware [Question] AGS-101 Ribbon Cable Adaptor with an IPS screen?

The_BIG_Lewis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone, I wanted to start my journey here with a question.

I'm very new to this GBA modding thing, and was about to finish my first mod a couple minutes ago. It was a ips screen with a new AGB-001 shell and all those things.
BUT, since I'm not used to do things like this, I've bought the wrong pin-type of screen. My motherboard is a 32-pin model, and the screen is a 40-pin type.

Trying to not smash my head on the wall, I've searched some way to use all the parts I have, without having to buy another screen or motherboard. So, I've found a cable adaptor to use a GBA SP screen in a "vanilla" model GBA. (pic related)

My question is: Can I use this cable adaptor to run all parts toghether? I've asked the vendor if I can, but he doesn't know either.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Sem Título-1.png
    Sem Título-1.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 107

Porous_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Are you sure the screen you got was IPS? Because those kits usually come with their own ribbon cable. There's a tiny little ribbon connecter that connects to a larger flex PCB/ribbon cable with a bunch of chips and circuitry on it (to convert the GBA video signal into something the modern display can interpret). The bigger ribbon cable usually has both 32 and 40 pin connecters on it.

If the screen you got already has a long ribbon cable with no chips coming out of it, it's most likely an AGS-101 screen and not IPS, and you'll need to make things clear with your seller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1