Hacking Question about wads?!

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry if this is the wrong topic, but ehh, say, what happens if you install a wad channel from another region? Will it brick your wii? I'm new to wads and such.:huh:
So long as it isn't corrupted to begin with, regardless of region, it should install just fine. I ran a Euro Wii title on an NA Wii quite some time ago with no problems.

Jwiz33

OP
Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
So long as it isn't corrupted to begin with, regardless of region, it should install just fine. I ran a Euro Wii title on an NA Wii quite some time ago with no problems.

so it'll install but u just cant use it? also another question, if I install the Japan Shop Channel and make it region free, will I be able to download japan channels from it? could I have two different shop channels? sorry if asking too much xD

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
so it'll install but u just cant use it? also another question, if I install the Japan Shop Channel and make it region free, will I be able to download japan channels from it? could I have two different shop channels? sorry if asking too much xD
Unless it requires some sort of system update, it should launch without a problem. I managed to play an EU copy of Dr Mario Wiiware on an NA console.

No, that probably would not work. eShops, if I remember correctly, are strict on console firmware enforcement. It would prompt you to likely download the latest firmware for the Japanese region. If I recall correctly, installing a foreign region firmware is grounds for semi-bricking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs