Hacking Question about using PLEX on CFW

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I've just dusted off my ps3 after not having used it for a long time. updated to the latest REBUG firmware (4.81.2 or something) and am trying to get PLEX working so the ps3 can just be used as a dedicated streaming box.
My issue is, after downloading a plex pkg and installing it tells me i need a SEN account.
I've never been online with the ps3. Not sure if im banned or flagged for one (played around with multiman back in the day, so probably)
I've looked around for a while before posting this and there's no straightforward way I could find how to do this.
Is there a homebrew method of getting this to work without having to go online? I've read about using reactpsn to do something... but it wasnt very clear.
is there a easy to follow guide somewhere that i can follow to do this?
what is the best way forward.

thanks all :)

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't SEN the equivalent of PSN for developers? Maybe you need to switch something in rebug toolbox
Not sure how they differ exactly, I'll post a quite I found. And I'm not expereinced with REBUG toolkit so, I'm not sure.

After reading your posts again & as you mention being new to this, I was reminded of something else you might not be aware of yet. Then again, it is only an assumption on my part, all this might already be clear for you so if it is, just ignore my babbling. [emoji6]
So FYI.

Do not get confused between
1. the need to be connected to PSN in order to be able to use certain apps like YouTube/Netflix etc...
2. the one-time PSN connection required to create necessary local files for proper ps3 licensing mechanisms to function correctly.

The former (1) can be defeated by using apps patched for no PSN, thanks to @esc0rtd3w for the extensive list of successful hacks. Note that Plex does not require such a patch because it already works natively without needing you to sign in. You should not get a pesky PSN login page after you launch Plex.

The latter (case 2) however is a step that needs to be done on every ps3 at least once in order to create locally critical profile files such as the important act.dat (unless you restore a backup of the file or use the reactpsn workaround I mention later in this post). For the ps3 to be fully functional online (and activated in order to game online, retrieve PSN content or even play licensed content offline) there must be at least one profile on your ps3 linked to a PSN account. It is a step needed for many things & even if you never use PSN.
If ever the console idps (console id) is banned, you need to spoof a spare valid idps from another console in order to perform this one-off PSN connection. When completely stuck (banned idps, no spare idps to spoof, no act.dat backup to restore), there is a workaround with the old reactpsn brew which can create a fake act.dat. The recommended way, if you have a valid idps of course, is to create an official act.dat though because fake ones made by reactpsn have some compatibility limitations.

Like I said, you might already have your ps3 setup correctly but I hope this data helps you clarify the PSN apps situation a little bit...
via: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/the-latest-no-psn-apps-by-bitsbubba.1459/page-8#post-84694

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-