vbarros22

OP
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
So since update 5.5.3 came out and it's too early to know what it might be harmful, my console was updated even with Coldboot Haxchi and the method of deleting the system update folder, I saw it myself updating, but there was no brick or anything, I just had some problems with the HDD, but that should be my cable thing. I can not confirm that I am in 5.5.3, since in Cooldbot Haxchi the software information is 99.99.99 (something like that).
Since then, I would like to know what would be the safest method to prevent an update (or even confirmation), if it is deleting the update folder or if it is by DNS ??

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Deleting the update folder & applying the DNS is the safest (both at the same time, since the DNS can be avoided by Nintendo, or the servers can be down).
Surprising it updated when you removed the update folder, start loadiine.ovh on your browser to see if it really updated (it detects your firmware version).

Last edited by HRudyPlayZ,
Reactions: vbarros22

vbarros22

OP
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Deleting the update folder & applying the DNS is the safest (both at the same time, since the DNS can be avoided by Nintendo, or the servers can be down).
Surprising it updated when you removed the update folder, start loadiine.ovh on your browser to see if it really updated (it detects your firmware version).
Thanks for the help, I'll check later in home

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any impact on unlocking (Haxchi) with this update?
Not at the moment, the update is very light, it did not take 1 minute. I felt faster loadings, but it could be my head's

RPG_FAN128

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The absolute safest method is to simply delete all internet connections in your settings. I realize this is probably not the answer you want but it's true. Similarly, before booting the 'ol Wii U and/or adding internet connections / connecting online you can simply do a quick online check if there is an update or not. I have Nintendo's update history page bookmarked -- although admittedly I wrote a program to periodically check the page for differences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-