Question about Tiramisu Homebrew Method

K1CK5T3R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just wondering if there is a way to access Mii Maker with the console homebrewed with Tiramisu.

Last edited by K1CK5T3R,

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mii Maker will work after exiting Homebrew Launcher using the Home button. If you eject the SD card, Tiramisu will be bypassed, and Mii Maker will work normally; this may be useful for editing Miis in the user settings menu. Just remember to push the SD card back in when finished to re-enable CFW.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can remove one of the modules for Tiramisu and this will allow for the Homebrew Loader and Mii Maker to coexist as separate titles you can launch again. This is my preferred setup.

Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install a Homebrew Channel forwarder and delete 50_hbl_installer.rpx from the SD card to get Mii Maker to work normally. However, I've read that this may lead to some compatibility issues with some homebrew.
Such as? I haven't come across any issues. Everything seems to be in working order.

The only real glitch I seem to have on my system is that I will launch a program in homeroom menu, and instead of loading the program, the Homebrew menu just resets. To fix this, I just have to reset the console. 🤷‍♀️

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install a Homebrew Channel forwarder and delete 50_hbl_installer.rpx from the SD card to get Mii Maker to work normally. However, I've read that this may lead to some compatibility issues with some homebrew.
I have just about any homebrew you can imagine on my Wii U, and I've never noticed anything that broke with this setup. My guess would be anyone reporting such breaking with this setup are actually misattributing the real error to this setup instead.
Post automatically merged:

The only real glitch I seem to have on my system is that I will launch a program in homeroom menu, and instead of loading the program, the Homebrew menu just resets. To fix this, I just have to reset the console. 🤷‍♀️
Hmm I've never experienced this issue either. Not sure this can be directly attributed to Tiramisu either. My guess would that this might have something to do with the SD card. Might be worth trying a different SD card instead just to check.

Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have just about any homebrew you can imagine on my Wii U, and I've never noticed anything that broke with this setup.
The thing is this: Starting apps which do own IOSU exploits (like HBL Channel) will conflict with IOSU exploits done earlier. Any CFW is doing IOSU exploits to, well, customise the firmware, so running these apps will cause issues.

In more technical terms: Starting such apps will overwrite parts of the CFW which causes undefined behaviour. The HBL in mii maker module of tiramisu is extremely sensitive to this but that doesn't mean other CFWs (Mocha, Haxchi, Tiramisu without said module) aren't affected.

Now in 999 of 1000 cases you won't notice anything but remember that crash last month which you can't recreate no matter what you try? Might have been caused by exactly this. Also for some users it might trigger issues more often, like
I will launch a program in homeroom menu, and instead of loading the program, the Homebrew menu just resets.
... These issues are completely random and only cause they don't happen for you doesn't mean they won't happen on another users console. ;)

//EDIT: This undefined behaviour is btw a nightmear for any homebrew developer as we can't be sure a crash has been caused by the homebrew itself or the f***ed up environment it runs under when getting bug reports. That's why we tell you to recreate the bug without this whenever we notice you are doing this HBL Channel hack. I for myself ignore all such bug reports untill recreated on a clean environment.

Last edited by V10lator,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now in 999 of 1000 cases you won't notice anything but remember that crash last month which you can't recreate no matter what you try?
Can't say I've had that happen honestly, any crash I've ever experienced on my Wii U have occurred both before and after Tiramisu, and I tend to understand how they happen: either I try to start a specific piece of homebrew after already starting a different homebrew and that creates some sort of conflict, or a modpack I created is just unstable in general. That's pretty much all my crashes have ever come down to on the Wii U and I've been experiencing those same crashes from CBHC and in Tiramisu.

I'll keep an eye out for a crash I truly can't explain on the system, but honestly can't say I've run into one yet.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Only thing I've noticed with Tiramisu is that RetroArch forwarder doesn't work if the 50_hbl_installer.rpx is present. I haven't looked into whether there's a proper fix for that, so I just keep 50_hbl_installer.rpx in a separate folder should i need it (like when switching between Aroma and Tiramisu, which I don't do for now).

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is this: Starting apps which do own IOSU exploits (like HBL Channel) will conflict with IOSU exploits done earlier. Any CFW is doing IOSU exploits to, well, customise the firmware, so running these apps will cause issues.

In more technical terms: Starting such apps will overwrite parts of the CFW which causes undefined behaviour. The HBL in mii maker module of tiramisu is extremely sensitive to this but that doesn't mean other CFWs (Mocha, Haxchi, Tiramisu without said module) aren't affected.

Now in 999 of 1000 cases you won't notice anything but remember that crash last month which you can't recreate no matter what you try? Might have been caused by exactly this. Also for some users it might trigger issues more often, like

... These issues are completely random and only cause they don't happen for you doesn't mean they won't happen on another users console. ;)

//EDIT: This undefined behaviour is btw a nightmear for any homebrew developer as we can't be sure a crash has been caused by the homebrew itself or the f***ed up environment it runs under when getting bug reports. That's why we tell you to recreate the bug without this whenever we notice you are doing this HBL Channel hack. I for myself ignore all such bug reports untill recreated on a clean environment.
I didn't mean to start a debate or investigation, so I apologize for that. My Wii U has been hacked since 2016, and using the same SD card I used for Loadiine cause that's all we had. I'm sure THAT is why it's a lil funky :lol:

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?