Homebrew [Question] About Themes (Animated?)

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any work being done, or have been worked out about fully animated themes?
Like animated stickers, backgrounds, folders, etc?

Would love to see the ability to have this done!

CHICAGO-lollie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using standard 3DS firmware, not a chance. Besides the default-theme animation, background flipbook animation is about as good as it gets unfortunately. It comes down to what Nintendo offers for official themes, so the functionality for completely animated themes simply isn't there.

I can't speak for CFW, though I don't know how many of them have placed a strong focus on theme customization. Hopefully someone with more experience with CFW can chime in here.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using standard 3DS firmware, not a chance. Besides the default-theme animation, background flipbook animation is about as good as it gets unfortunately. It simply comes down to what Nintendo offers for official themes.

I can't speak for CFW, though I don't know how many of them have placed a strong focus on theme customization. Hopefully someone with more experience with CFW can chime in here.

with what @yifan_lu was talking about with Cosmo, the new injection method may allow for such mods. A homebrew button on the Home Menu could be a possibility also with the injector.

Reactions: CHICAGO-lollie

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just love to see some people trying for this, to me, it's near the final frontier for home screen customization, short of replacing the home screen altogether.

CHICAGO-lollie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be great! I'd love to have a 3DS theme with a pre-rendered animation playing regardless of user input. Or even image layers moving around freely (as in, not a pre-rendered loop, but determined by math or keyframes, scripts, something like that).

It'd be asking for a lot though. If Yifan's "loader" method of injection paved the way for such modifications, then maybe. But it'd need to be airtight and relatively light on processing power (batteries yo), require some solid graphics programming, and come with a tool built specifically for producing the themes themselves (pre-existing tools just wouldn't be cut out for them).

I'd like to hope someone is up to the challenge, but I'm not holding my breath for it. We'll see if anything comes of the loader method, or Cosmo3DS.

Reactions: SkyChotik

Xerkies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only close thing of animation is when your scroll to the left or right and it's kinda like a flipbook. (It's hard to explain for me)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody could theoretically develop a new OS for the 3ds that supports an animated theme format, but this would take a great amount of time and effort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.