Hardware Question about the PSP 3000 display

Zuljaras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I have notice something minor on my psp screen. When I look at the screen from an angle and really reallllyyyy close I can see extremely thin vertical lines. Not the type of line that the psp are displaying when the screen is damaged.

It is only visible really close, from an angle and only on bright grey background. When I start PS1 games it is NOT visible AT ALL.

The lines are spread across the display evenly. And I was wondering if that is normal for old LCD displays so that is why I am asking here. It looks like the Nintendo DS line bottom screen with the sensors for the touch functionality.

I hope I am not going paranoid because my other PSP (it was 2004) had the "death" vertical lines.

Zuljaras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this post but in PS VITA thread:

"I have the vertical lines as well. However, they are only noticable when I am looking at a gray surface. I am stareing at the main Menu of the Vita right now, and I don't see any lines at all. However, if I scroll down a bit to one of my pages in which I have a gray background (With a triforce in the back), I can see super feint lines. So I guess the lines are common upon certain colors, but you shouldn't be able to see them all of the time."

Could it be the same thing for the PSP and for it to be ok?

I am asking this question because I do not have experience with PSP I had only Nintendo handhelds until now.

Zuljaras

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have made 2 photos to support my question. They are really hard to see but if you look close enough you can see them. The lines are inside the red markers.

Attachments

• 20160816_192422.jpg
    20160816_192422.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 20160816_192430.jpg
    20160816_192430.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 227

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.