Homebrew Question about software for Game Development

Penguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,

I hope I put this in the right place, but here goes.

I'm sure this isn't a stupid question, but what software is used to create NDS music, and in what format? I know that the formats of NDS files are weird extensions, but I'm sure they are made of a common format before they are compiled. So for example, how would would Pokemon music be created - with a DAW (FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton Live, etc.) or a simple music sequencer? And I doubt they have *.midi file types, so what format are they saved as?

Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

How Original

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your looking to make MIDI's try Reason... It's a great sequencer and can convert a song you make into MIDI's... dunno if i helped..

sethirion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NDS can play a variety of formats it just needs to know how to use them or which library to play them.

From the PAlib-dev seems to able to play: RAW, MP3, .mod, .it, .xm, .s3m and .wav.

You just need to implement the code to the game you are using. You could ask to the guys that do the ROM hacking and translations, since some of their work is to dump the music, video, script. Maybe they can point you to a better answer and focus at the commercial games.

Penguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your replies everyone - you all helped me well
smile.gif
I've heard of Reason before, that seems pretty good. But thanks for everything
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum