Homebrew Question about SNES Virtual Console injection.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I'm just asking, how do you make large mbit ROMs (such as SMW hacks and RPG Tsukuru 2) work with VC injection without freezing on a black screen? I tried using both basicSNESinjector and manual injection, but both do not work.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just asking, how do you make large mbit ROMs (such as SMW hacks and RPG Tsukuru 2) work with VC injection without freezing on a black screen? I tried using both basicSNESinjector and manual injection, but both do not work.
I doubt is the rom size, Snes is capiable of playing games up to 6MB (or 8MB maybe) in size and so is genesis according to some sources, Perhaps is the type of programing it has in the rom that is possible to be conflicting or something, are you trying to play one of those 6 MB super mario world hacks? :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I doubt is the rom size, Snes is capiable of playing games up to 8MB in size and so is genesis according to some sources, Perhaps is the type of programing it has in the rom that is possible to be conflicting or something, are you trying to play one of those 6 MB super mario world hacks? :P
No, I'm trying Brutal Mario, Windows Mario and SMB3X, as well as the RPG Tsukuru 2 unofficial translation. SMB3X and Brutal Mario are actually 4MB in size, Windows Mario is about 2MB and RPG Tsukuru 2 is 2.5MB, but the header ROM sizes of those are 32MB, 32MB, 16MB and 16MB (respectively). I could get other 16MB-headered ROMs running such as Looney Tunes B-Ball and Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, as well as 8MB-headered ROMs such as Tetris Attack and Mario & Wario, and 32MB ROMs such as Lufia II, but these four former games are not working on my 3DS like I expected them to.

Last edited by CatmanFan,
D

Deleted User

I have the same issue with the new fire emblem 4 translation patch that bumps the rom size up to 6 mb. It appears that the virtual console only works with 4mb roms or smaller.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm trying Brutal Mario, Windows Mario and SMB3X, as well as the RPG Tsukuru 2 unofficial translation. SMB3X and Brutal Mario are actually 4MB in size, Windows Mario is about 2MB and RPG Tsukuru 2 is 2.5MB, but the header ROM sizes of those are 32MB, 32MB, 16MB and 16MB (respectively). I could get other 16MB-headered ROMs running such as Looney Tunes B-Ball and Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, as well as 8MB-headered ROMs such as Tetris Attack and Mario & Wario, and 32MB ROMs such as Lufia II, but these four former games are not working on my 3DS like I expected them to.
Okay, That maybe a confusing,
MB = Megabytes
mb = megabits
If the letters are small case, is bits, if upper case (Capital letters) is Bytes.

4MB = 32mb

4 Mega bytes is equal to 32 mega bits, hence why everyone refer to the games as 32 megs is megabits. Donkey kong country is a 32 megabit game, cause is 4 Megabytes in file size.

The system is highest for 64 megabits = 8 Megabytes.

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Okay, That maybe a confusing,
MB = Megabytes
mb = megabits
If the letters are small case, is bits, if upper case (Capital letters) is Bytes.

4MB = 32mb

4 Mega bytes is equal to 32 mega bits, hence why everyone refer to the games as 32 megs is megabits. Donkey kong country is a 32 megabit game, cause is 4 Megabytes in file size.

The system is highest for 64 megabits = 8 Megabytes.
OK, thanks!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I tried the rom, hack, it works just so you know. Lot better than SNES9X emulator, that demo screen flckering was a eyesore but it doesn't seem to happen on VC :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have the same issue with the new fire emblem 4 translation patch that bumps the rom size up to 6 mb. It appears that the virtual console only works with 4mb roms or smaller.
By the way, that is wrong, Snes is capiable of least 6MB or 8MB like genesis.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Okay, I tried the rom, hack, it works just so you know. Lot better than SNES9X emulator, that demo screen flckering was a eyesore but it doesn't seem to happen on VC :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, that is wrong, Snes is capiable of least 6MB or 8MB like genesis.
Well, it doesn't work for me! Which CIA did you use as the base?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
it was the first time i did a SNES injection. :P

So i just wanted to make sure i was right, it works. Perhaps it can work with others. I wouldn't know.
It wouldn't work with an injected Megaman 7 CIA, which is what I use for most of my SNES injections.

EDIT: Now not only large mbit ROMs freeze on a black screen, but also SMALL mbit ROMs, which is really bad, because I really want to play more than just nine SNES games on my 3DS. I tried using every SNES CIA I can think of, but literally nothing can fight against this new crime. Can anyone please provide a solution for this? I'm starting to cry :sad:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't work with an injected Megaman 7 CIA, which is what I use for most of my SNES injections.

EDIT: Now not only large mbit ROMs freeze on a black screen, but also SMALL mbit ROMs, which is really bad, because I really want to play more than just nine SNES games on my 3DS. I tried using every SNES CIA I can think of, but literally nothing can fight against this new crime. Can anyone please provide a solution for this? I'm starting to cry :sad:
Ummm didn't you try to inject the mario rom hack with super mario cia?

It was really not too hard.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hqlna1wg1ghjxlg

Use that program, is from a post on wololo.net website about snes rom injections, you already know how to decrypt cia roms and extract them yes? Use that program to inject the rom hack, make sure they work in a emulator first like SNES9X.
Upon loading the rom, look at the display for the rom infomation (Or click file and rom information) after loading the rom and see if it says "High Or LOW" rom and the file size in megabits, then use the program to select the DATA.BIN file (injected SNES rom) and select the rom for injection. (You must manually select the file size of the rom. is also included in the rom info when the emulator loads it)
Then rebuild the cia and install it, is how i did it. It works and i have proof. :P

I did that with super mario world, Brutal mario is 4MB so is 32mb you would select from the options before injection. But you have to make sure the rom works in a emulator first.

IMG_20160823_191024.jpg

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Ummm didn't you try to inject the mario rom hack with super mario cia?

It was really not too hard.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hqlna1wg1ghjxlg

Use that program, is from a post on wololo.net website about snes rom injections, you already know how to decrypt cia roms and extract them yes? Use that program to inject the rom hack, make sure they work in a emulator first like SNES9X.
Upon loading the rom, look at the display for the rom infomation (Or click file and rom information) after loading the rom and see if it says "High Or LOW" rom and the file size in megabits, then use the program to select the DATA.BIN file (injected SNES rom) and select the rom for injection. (You must manually select the file size of the rom. is also included in the rom info when the emulator loads it)
Then rebuild the cia and install it, is how i did it. It works and i have proof. :P

I did that with super mario world, Brutal mario is 4MB so is 32mb you would select from the options before injection. But you have to make sure the rom works in a emulator first.

View attachment 59934
Never mind, I already got it working using an injected CIA. :P

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game