GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I know that this mod lets you emulate NAND on a USB thing while you play a game. This could be very useful to play RB2 DLC from USB for example. But is there a way that this loader will use the game savefile that's in the Wii, even when using nand emulation in an SD card/USB HDD? I want to have a single save for RB2 that is used by the disc channel and the loader, instead of one save in the real nand and another save in the emulated nand. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, the nand emulation isolates only the save you have in the nand you're running with, so it will use a different save file for each.

Also, despite how desperately everyone wants the infinite-DLC-storage functionality, nicksasa's NeoGamma mod is not recommended for this purpose. If you're extremely lucky, the game might load after five minutes, and will crash when you enter the song list; most of the time, it will just crash right off the bat.

I would hold out for possible future updates that grant what you seek.

ashexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gelton said:
This is the extent of my success using nand emu (usb) for rockband2 DLC

first of all im using hairy ballsagna's pc tools to get the .app files for the nand (you have to decrypt them for your console ID).
RB2 from what i know is \title0010005 on the nand. Now there are 3 folders inside, I'm assuming that each one represents a different Gen of DLC (I used the real nand and downloaded songs from the music store to see where they went, dumping the nand after each one).

So using that I dropped an entire Gens worth of app files into the proper folders (i think). When i start up RB2 using the emu'd nand I get a wii system memory full after the main screen and cannot go any further. so basically i deleted a crapton of those files which reduced the folder size from about 5 gigs to 1gig worth of .app files. That actually worked. I got past the main screen and even tested out the DLC to make sure there were no licensing errors. The loading screen in the very beginning takes a while, but thats more than worth it if I could get this to work properly.

Just so you know, I'm using a 150g external HDD with a fat32(25 gigs)/wbfs partition, I'm going to try new things tonight and see if I could get some more done.

It seems like some people know how to do this but don't care to let anyone know how they did it (that youtube video for instance)
So maybe if i (and people reading this) can try to mess around with this, we can figure this out and get a guide up. I know its possible, but maybe not in the method I'm trying.

Hey man. I'd rather that you do not share the guide on how to do this as it'll just make it more enticing for people to download illegal dlc. I've found a way thru hours of research and so should everyone else. If a lot of people download illegal dlc harmonix/activision might just not offer dlc anymore to wii owners. Just see how we got dumped with Lego Rock Band with no dlc. All I can say is you're on the right track and hopefully you'll get to where I am. Just don't share it... I implore the mods to close such threads.
ph34r.gif

WaxTrax!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Though I am in the process of trying to figure out how to do this myself, I really don't understand your objections to a guide being released (or you telling us how you did it). ANY kind of mods/hacks for the Wii are already above most people's level of understanding and ability. The Wii isn't known as a system for "hardcore" gamers, it is made for a more general audience, which means lots of people who can't even comprehend something like connecting a USB drive to the system. That in itself I think is an argument against saying lots of people would take advantage of this and they would stop releasing new songs. I am willing to bet that for every person who downloads a song through the hack, there are at LEAST 100 other people who legitimately purchase the songs.

In addition, the cat is already out of the bag: we can already directly download the songs to an SD card. All we're trying to do is figure out how to store them on the USB drive -- this doesn't mean that people will be downloading lots more songs if they knew how to store it on a USB drive. It just means we won't have to swap out SD cards anymore :-)

Anyway, as the hunt continues, I hope you change your mind about posting how you accomplished this. I'm sure there are ways you could to it anonymously, if that is your concern.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +1
    impeeza @ impeeza: 🤣🤣😂😂