OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
HI!

I have one theoretical question.
I have virgin WII with 4.1 firmware. I can install Homebrew Channel and bootmii (only an IOS
mad.gif
). At once i make nand backup. After i installed any CIOS and other thing that will be work Backup Channel and USB Loaders, and finaly install preloader.
My question: if i restore nand backup then i have "clear" Wii without CIOS and preloader? And after restore, in the future i can make upgrafe official nintendo firmware without brick?

Regards:

odja

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it should set your wii back with only HBC if you do a NAND Backup.

in the future, when there are updates, Waninkoko will make an updater so theres no need to offically update from the nintendo, ever.

odja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, i know that i can upgrade thanks Waninoko, and i know that i can restore why i run HBC and go to bootmii menu. My question: if restore nand backup remove preloader and CIOS from Wii memory? And then i can upgrade official nintendo firmware without brick?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes it should because it restores your wii to the point where you had no cios installed, just as you thought.

so yes it should work from the nintendo update thing in the settings. but then you will have no trucha bug and have to use TBR to restore it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, preloader will be removed also. You will have to use TBR to re-trucha bug your system though just as xzxero said. Personally, I always update through Nintendo and then just re-trucha quick afterwards. The only issue comes if you have installed any illegal vc/wiiware wads on your sytem as a Nintendo updates can have adverse effects in that instance. If you don't pirate vc/wiiware, you'll be fine though.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Im pretty sure with bootmii as an ios you can not restore a nand backup only create one.

It has been tested and confirmed to work. It may not work on all systems though. Just make sure to have used the latest hackmii installer for installation and that your SD card is compatible.

odja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes my card is compatibile, i tested nand backup on previous WII until i bricked them. But i'm not tested restore.
I want make nand backup when i don't installed any vc/wads. I hope after restore this clean backup my vc/wads will be remove too and i can safe upgrade from official nintendo.

odja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Please confirm it: I want to be sure that when i restore nand backup, when i have only HBC and bootmii i may in future safely do upgrade from nintendo.

Please confirm yes or not.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Im pretty sure with bootmii as an ios you can not restore a nand backup only create one.

Wrong.

You can restore your Nand just fine. Follow the onscreen instructions. Although its a little tricky to hit the 4 buttons on the GC controller at once^^

But it is working, I did it a week ago.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
icpmattj said:

Wrong.

You can restore your Nand just fine. Follow the onscreen instructions. Although its a little tricky to hit the 4 buttons on the GC controller at once^^

But it is working, I did it a week ago.

Thanks for confirming it.

I've read countless posts on this board saying other wise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: