Question about moving to another SD emuNAND + bs9

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MeisterAbababa, Aug 14, 2018.

1. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Hello, I have an old3DS XL with bs9 and Luma 9.1, with SysNAND 11.8, and emuNAND 11.2 to work with Gateway. But since the new games don't work, I'd like to update to a bigger SD card, because in the 4GB one I have I cannot install .cias. I've been checking and there are some guides to do this, but I don't know which one to use because some of them reference to menuhax, which I don't use. So I'd love if you could show me some up to date guide, if there is one, to move to a bigger card with emuNAND.

2. ultimatetemper

ultimatetemper GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2010
    I would say make a backup of both sysnand and emunand with GodMode9 and then inject it back and copy all files, but I'm not sure.

3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Just make a new emunand on new card then inject old card emunand into it then move sd card contents to new card manually

Last edited by Shadow#1, Aug 14, 2018
    MeisterAbababa likes this.
  4. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Sorry, but I don't understand: how am I supposed to make an emuNAND in an empty card? Do I install bs9 (which I cant, because I am in 11.8), and make one? Or am I missing something?

5. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Your 3ds is already CFWed right?

6. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Yes, but if I switch to a blank SD card, I cannot use godmode, and instead of Sys11.8 (like LUMA does), the options menu display 11.8, and all the installed content is not there (because it is in the other card).

7. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    B9s will always be there do as I said in first post to u

8. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    I've tried, but GodMode9 doesn't launch on the blank card.

9. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Then put it on the card

10. MeisterAbababa
    OP

MeisterAbababa Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    Ok, I did it. Could you please elaborate on how to do what you said on your first post? I've tried to format the new SD card with GodMode, but the emuNAND Tool 1.03 didn't recognize it, and I've read about that EmunNAND9 thing, but it only works with versions lower or equal to 9.2.