Hacking Question about LU64+

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a LEF120..... serial Wii here, how can I know if this is an LU64+ equivalent.

It is a new Wii from this year.

/edit:

I just installed cIOS249 rev9 and then installed rev13b.

Games in USB loader work, but DVD's will not load. NeoGamma throws error 721 and SoftChip seems to use IOS36.

Would it be safe to downgrade this Wii?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If rev9 ran OK on it, it's not likely an LU64, because only rev11 and newer run on LU64.

What firmware did it come with? Also, what hacking method did you use? If you used the IOS35 downgrade method, its definitely not LU64.

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use the cBoot2 method, much quicker ><

I have used rev9 to update to rev13b, would that mean I can safely downgrade this Wii?

.. it has been bought like 1 or 2 months ago.

/edit: this means I didn't downgrade anything just installed cIOS249 rev13b.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hm, cboot2... Can you install bootmii as boot2 or did you use it as an IOS? What version firmware is on the wii? 4.0?

Rev9 working fine is a very good indication, but i still would get some brick protection if possible before downgrading it. The last thing i want to see is you posting a "HELP MY WII IS BRICKED!" topic. You can try if you want, but i will not take responsibility for any brick that occurs.

If it's on 4.0, there really is no reason to downgrade anyway, as pretty much everything from 3.2 works on 4.0. The only thing i can think of that doesn't is Starfall, and there's preloader to replace it anyway. All loaders and stuff work on 4.0.

If it's not on 4.0, i'd actually recommend you upgrade using the Waninkoko Firmware 4.0 Upgrader.

EDIT: Forgot about the timeframe when you purchased it. Purchase date is no indication, nor really is serial number. Friend has an LU64 that doesn't act like an LU64. It came with 3.3 on it.

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
techboy said:
Hm, cboot2... Can you install bootmii as boot2 or did you use it as an IOS? What version firmware is on the wii? 4.0?

Rev9 working fine is a very good indication, but i still would get some brick protection if possible before downgrading it. The last thing i want to see is you posting a "HELP MY WII IS BRICKED!" topic. You can try if you want, but i will not take responsibility for any brick that occurs.

If it's on 4.0, there really is no reason to downgrade anyway, as pretty much everything from 3.2 works on 4.0. The only thing i can think of that doesn't is Starfall, and there's preloader to replace it anyway. All loaders and stuff work on 4.0.

If it's not on 4.0, i'd actually recommend you upgrade using the Waninkoko Firmware 4.0 Upgrader.

EDIT: Forgot about the timeframe when you purchased it. Purchase date is no indication, nor really is serial number. Friend has an LU64 that doesn't act like an LU64. It came with 3.3 on it.

Im not sure what this Wii came with, I know it has had one update as it's in the history.

Getting brick protection is a bitch, I need IOS36 for Preloader and BootMii boot2 install is not possible ... only IOS (I can however, in case of emergency, use my programmer to flash it).

What Im gonna do is, test if rev9 is working and work from there.

Also I think the DVD error 721 comes from my DVD's not being burned with bootype DVD-ROM? I have a chipped Wii myself, it eats EVERYTHING I throw at it :s

On the other hand IOS36 is required for SoftChip, it seems to load up correctly ... does it patch IOS36 itself?

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We are gonna take it on this one, it loads up USB games perfectly with cIOS249 rev9 and that would be impossible on a LU64+ Wii.

/edit: Testing rev7 just in case ><

/edit: Hurr I would be able to use the cBoot2 method with Preloader ... the author would need to release a cBoot2 version
frown.gif

/edit:

*sips beer and watches IOS Downgrader do its job*

Btw, this Wii for some reason has like barely 400 blocks free? Is this normal? I have like 1k+ blocks on my own Wii :s

/edit:

LEF120 is not LU64+!

You know ... better safe then sorry, people trust me with their hardware but I'm not that fond of telling people I f***ed up and had to DIY reflash their Wii to revive it ><

/edit: Gosh I'm an Rturd ... this Wii and internet whatever channel ... taking up 1,7k block WTF!

/edit: Also got the wierdest shit ever, WAD installs stall at content #2 :s

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time, test for freezing with IOS35-v1042. cIOS rev9 can cause a pretty hard brick on "LU64" Wiis, I've heard.

Stalling on WAD installs could just be fragmentation or crappy cache handling on the SD card, try with a new or freshly formatted card.

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mtb-bfh said:
Next time, test for freezing with IOS35-v1042. cIOS rev9 can cause a pretty hard brick on "LU64" Wiis, I've heard.

Stalling on WAD installs could just be fragmentation or crappy cache handling on the SD card, try with a new or freshly formatted card.

cIOS rev9 would be installed as IOS249 ... this would be harmless? Or do LU64+ Wii's check that IOS?

Also poor SD performance came from small block size, whats the optimum block size? (4096?)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, i have never heard of old cIOSes bricking LU64s, they just don't work. Wad Manager 1.3 will not run on LU64s with an old/incompatible cIOS, since it auto-loads cIOS if present. 1.4 does not suffer from this problem.

The IOS35-v1042, that's why i asked what method you used. If that method works, its certainly not LU64.

If you have a programmer, just be sure you have the wii's keys and a NAND dump and your fine. Preloader for banner/theme bricks is a good idea. Hopefully you'll get that installed with the IOS Downgrade.

Yeah, that Wii & the Internet Channel takes up lots of space. It's best you just delete it. There's a wad online of it if you ever get tempted to put it back for whatever reason (Making the wii stock again?). You can also watch it here if you are for some reason interested: http://www.nintendo.com/wii/internet

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just followed my own tutorial and rather stick to the cBoot2 method as its pretty quick and easy ><

One thing I know, Wii's sold in my town are still old Wii's!

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfjuocekr said:
I just followed my own tutorial and rather stick to the cBoot2 method as its pretty quick and easy ><

One thing I know, Wii's sold in my town are still old Wii's!

You're lucky for that. I envy having a Wii with a vulnerable boot2.

And yeah, the cboot2 method is much better. I don't know why anyone would use the 3.4 DVDx installer method considering it forces you to comply with an anti-pirate's demands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...