Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a copy of Windows 7 but I already installed it on one computer. I want my other computer to have Windows 7 but I'm not sure if you can. Is it possible to install the same copy of Windows 7 on multiple computers using the same product key or not?

Thanks.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No, it isn't possible if you just have a standard license. When you attempt to activate Windows 7 with the same product key, it will see that it has already been used. Activating Windows 7 requires an internet connection, or for you to phone Microsoft for an activation code.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just Googled you question, and this is what turned up:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&...ame+product+key

So no, isn't really possible.
This is what I found out on one of those sites:

QUOTE said:
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. One Copy per Computer. You may install one copy of the software on one computer. That computer is the “licensed computer.”
b. Licensed Computer. You may use the software on up to two processors on the licensed computer at one time. Unless otherwise provided in these license terms, you may not use the software on any other computer.
c. Number of Users. Unless otherwise provided in these license terms, only one user may use the software at a time.
d. Alternative Versions. The software may include more than one version, such as 32-bit and 64-bit. You may install and use only one version at one time.

elchzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Microsoft will sell you a '3 install' disk, doing exactly what it says on the tin.

Basically you're gonna have to buy another copy of 7, (which, by the way, was my idea) or live without it. Continue running you're other OS, or install Linux. If this computer is older, or a laptop, Karmic (Koala) Xubuntu runs like a dream.

Spend money, or run Linux... or another version of Windows...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM