Question about installing game updates

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by SgtLunatics, Feb 6, 2016.

1. SgtLunatics
    OP

SgtLunatics Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hi everyone, just a quick curious question about installing updates to games.

For example, If i had a JP Region Free (via patch) cia, would i need to install a RF update cia of it or just a regular cia update of it?

And while on the matter, how do i go about installing updates via cia file? Is it the same as installing a game cia? (I use FBI for installing cias)

Thanks in advance everyone :)

2. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    I believe what you need to do is find out what the original games region was. (Japanese I assume) Then you need to get an update that matches that cia files original region. (Base Japanese cia update with RF) I'm not 100% sure but I believe I read this in a thread over on "That iso site"

EDIT: I din't read you whole post but yes just install updates/dlc like a regular game. They wont show up tied in a bow like regular games but they will be installed. Hope this helps! :lol:

Last edited by Returnofganon, Feb 6, 2016
  3. SgtLunatics
    OP

SgtLunatics Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yes very helpful, thank you :)

4. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    No problem, glad to help :yay:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice