Hacking Question about installing CFW and Homebrew?

Mirothor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning on installing luma on my 3ds. I have four questions... First, when I install should I disconnect from the internet until Homebrew is fully installed? Second, Does the freeshop work offline and if not should I insert it into an application like face raiders? Also is there anything else I should do in advance or after installing Homebrew to make sure I don't get banned? Finally, should I make a NNID? Thx in advance! :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
  1. No need
  2. No, because it downloads games...
  3. You can run it from the homebrew launcher in Download Play if you don't want it installed as a standalone app
  4. You can if you want, only required if you want to use Pokémon Bank, Badge Arcade, or download demos and free software from the eShop.

Reactions: ThoD

Mirothor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. No need
  2. No, because it downloads games...
  3. You can run it from the homebrew launcher in Download Play if you don't want it installed as a standalone app
  4. You can if you want, only required if you want to use Pokémon Bank, Badge Arcade, or download demos and free software from the eShop.
Ok thanks. If you have any other suggestions for me and others just let me know.

Mirothor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, regarding the freeshop how can I use it with out it showing up for Nintendo and then possibly giving me a ban. Should I just insert it into something like download play or something like that?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  1. You can run it from the homebrew launcher in Download Play if you don't want it installed as a standalone app
One thing I don't understand, since I didn't manage to mod my 3DS yet, does the Download Play application get permanently replaced with the Homebrew Launcher following 3ds.guide? Why not just use the H&S application like it was before?

Mirothor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I don't understand, since I didn't manage to mod my 3DS yet, does the Download Play application get permanently replaced with the Homebrew Launcher following 3ds.guide? Why not just use the H&S application like it was before?
Download play won't be removed perm. You can open Rosalina menu while on Download Play and install it as a standalone. Later with the menu you can move it back too. Also you might want to move it into an app like Download Play because Nintendo can see when you open an unauthorized application when online. It is just an extra safety measure.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It is a lot more flexible than the old method, which would involve using GodMode9. Instead, you can replace any app with the homebrew launcher and change it quickly from the home menu instead of the permanent injection we used to use. Also, injecting into Health & Safety was for only one app that had to be the right size, whereas now we can use the whole homebrew launcher and use every app.

Mirothor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a lot more flexible than the old method, which would involve using GodMode9. Instead, you can replace any app with the homebrew launcher and change it quickly from the home menu instead of the permanent injection we used to use. Also, injecting into Health & Safety was for only one app that had to be the right size, whereas now we can use the whole homebrew launcher and use every app.
So finally to wrap this up, if you dont mind Quantumcat, could you send me a link to a thread about how to avoid getting banned and also what apps can you put homebrew on?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So finally to wrap this up, if you dont mind Quantumcat, could you send me a link to a thread about how to avoid getting banned and also what apps can you put homebrew on?
The guide tells you what to do regarding that, and you can put the homebrew launcher on any app, except some won't have access to various services for the homebrew apps (download play is recommended because it has the right access to stuff)

Mirothor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thank you!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am sorry for bugging you about this, but if I play freeshop games like pokemon online will I get banned for that?

Last edited by Mirothor,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, thank you!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am sorry for bugging you about this, but if I play freeshop games like pokemon online will I get banned for that?
No. Its when you cheat online that increases chances a lot for being banned. Playing a game normally online wont do nothing.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would installing the Homebrew Launcher as a standalone application be risky?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning on installing luma on my 3ds. I have four questions... First, when I install should I disconnect from the internet until Homebrew is fully installed? Second, Does the freeshop work offline and if not should I insert it into an application like face raiders? Also is there anything else I should do in advance or after installing Homebrew to make sure I don't get banned? Finally, should I make a NNID? Thx in advance! :)
i would suggest not going online if you dont want to get banned, as there is no 100% guarantee.

It makes me mad when you see people wanting to install cfw and pirate and want to know how to play online and not get banned.

if you want to use cfw and pirate then understand that its nintendos right to prevent piracy and block those cheap cuntz who want to download games rather than buy them and play online.

if you install cfw you accept to run the risk of one day its likely you could get banned, never ask anyone how to make sure you dont get banned, because if you get banned like all the others youll probably go bitching at them/homebrew/tool for you breaking nintendo's terms and getting banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"