The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ImpulsE69 said:
Bob,

Come on, you say you've got 25 years in this? Then you should know where there's a will there's a way. Everything can be cracked with time. It doesn't matter HOW they patch it...if they want to try to SELL games, it will be cracked. Bricking Wii's isn't going to sell them games, even most pirates buy games on occasion. Quit playing the "OMG IT'S OVER" card. It's lame for someone with as much "experience" as you say you have...and btw, PS3's copy protection was making huge oversized mediocre games on currently not cheap media that currently just isn't worth the hassle for many but the die hard.

Will Nintendo try to stop the current trend? Yes. Should they? Yes. Will someone find a way around it? Eventually.

It will be cracked, if closed ... but it will start to get slower, and slower ... people these days expect instant solutions ... and those days are going ...

Protection will get more and more effective, and the cracks will take longer and longer to appear ...

... and that in itself is a great deterrent ...

One of the reasons the companies are going to start taking a tougher line is the ease of piracy now ...

In the past, some skills were required, or contacts, necessary ... but no longer ... and for that reason, the companies can't sit by as idley as they once did ...

The hammer is going to drop soon, and drop hard enough to stop a lot of people from climbing back up the piracy ladder ...

A lot of people who pirate are young people and people of low income ... that's one of the reasons they pirate, because they can't afford retail prices ...

If a single hard enough blow is struck, many of the pirates will be shaken loose, never to return ... no company makes money from their consoles, so they really wont care if a bunch of pirates don't want to, or are unable to, replace their machines ...

If they bricked a few thousand Wii consoles, do you really think it would negatively affect their profit margins at all?

The number of people who only play original games outways the number of those who pirate by a huge number, and like you said, even those who pirate usually buy some original titles, right?

You talk like I don't know how things are, but I am talking about how things will be ... tomorrow is more important than today ...

A side-note regarding PS3 copy playback : It is currently possible, but those who can do it will not tell how it is done, for fear of exploits and such being closed to them, and thus slowing and/or preventing future work ... The Wii 'scene' could learn a thing or two from that ... loose lips sink ships ... piracy was never meant for the masses ... not out of elitism, but out of the attention it brings ...]

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to state for the record that THE WORLD IS GOING TO END TOMORROW. I HAVE SEEN THE END TIMES, AND THE IGNORANT FOOLS WHO CALL ME CRAZY WILL ALL BURN IN THE FIERY PIT. THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP THE ONCOMING DARKNESS THAT GLOBAL WARMING AND NUCLEAR TERRORISM WILL RAIN DOWN UPON OUR HEADS. LONG HAVE I WAITED FOR THIS DAY, PATIENTLY WATCHING SMALLER CRISES PASS WITH BARELY A RIPPLE IN THE BOURGEOIS SOCIETY MARKING THEIR PASSAGE, BUT AT DAWN ALL THAT WILL CHANGE. REPENT, YE NON-BELIEVERS, FOR YOUR TIME IS NIGH.

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
also

QUOTE said:
If a single hard enough blow is struck, many of the pirates will be shaken loose, never to return ... no company makes money from their consoles, so they really wont care if a bunch of pirates don't want to, or are unable to, replace their machines ...

If they bricked a few thousand Wii consoles, do you really think it would negatively affect their profit margins at all?

interestingly, Nintendo really does make money off their consoles, and bricking them would probably be a large mistake.

here's some data to back that up http://seekingalpha.com/article/34357-game...etition-scruffy

PS Just talking out of your ass makes you sound like an idiot. If you have 25 years experience in piracy and software copying, you should be able to find articles and information to back you up JUST as easily as i can (I've only got about 12 years experience in it, that makes you double as experienced as me! theoretically at least) instead of just talking out of your ass and using knee-jerk ultimatum statements in order to get attention.

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I doubt they legally can brick your console. They state "if you have illegal hardware installed this update may render you wii inoperable" but the homebrew channel can be on peoples wii's WITHOUT modchips. I don't personally think its in their right to brick one of their systems because a file (channel) they didn't like was on it, regardless of its nature....

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
blu9987 said:
Well I doubt they legally can brick your console. They state "if you have illegal hardware installed this update may render you wii inoperable" but the homebrew channel can be on peoples wii's WITHOUT modchips. I don't personally think its in their right to brick one of their systems because a file (channel) they didn't like was on it, regardless of its nature....

did you actually read the agreement when you first started your wii? no one does and a clause could be written in there stating they can do what they want if you pirate.

mojario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
blu9987 said:

can you really call it illegal hardware? i'm not sure about US law but in australia its perfectly legal to have a modchip.

duncans_pumpkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
blu9987 said:
To add an example, Super Smash Bros Brawl REQUIRED an update (to read dual layer)
Blu no point adding misinformation into this thread. SSBB DID NOT REQUIRE AN UPDATE. All the update did was add a little file to tell the wii it was allowed to play it and if you didnt have 3.1U it also kindly added that. Dont belive me then how come freeloader can play it. 3.1U was not required to play it. It can be played on 3.0 with some ios changing. Also the wii could read dual layer discs from release. Dont belive me then how come team cyclops has had dvd9 support for long before SSBB. Don't say its because they added it because all they did was add code to make the wii read backup DL discs.
End rant

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
duncans_pumpkin said:
blu9987 said:
To add an example, Super Smash Bros Brawl REQUIRED an update (to read dual layer)
Blu no point adding misinformation into this thread. SSBB DID NOT REQUIRE AN UPDATE. All the update did was add a little file to tell the wii it was allowed to play it and if you didnt have 3.1U it also kindly added that. Dont belive me then how come freeloader can play it. 3.1U was not required to play it. It can be played on 3.0 with some ios changing. Also the wii could read dual layer discs from release. Dont belive me then how come team cyclops has had dvd9 support for long before SSBB. Don't say its because they added it because all they did was add code to make the wii read backup DL discs.
End rant

I have a strong belief that you are retarded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-