question about GBA VC

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Darthlink9, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Darthlink9
    OP

Darthlink9 GBATemp Resident Heartbreaker

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    More specifically, The use of the X and Y buttons. On my 3DS, I noticed that the X button has the same function in all of my GBA VC games as the B button, yet the Y button seems to do nothing. I was wondering if there is a way to remap or otherwise configure the X and Y buttons (for example X= Start, Y=Select) or could someone tell me why The X button is the same as the B button. This was just a small discrepancy I noticed and am also wondering if anyone else noticed this. does anyone elses X and Y button have the same functions, or are they different? If there is another thread about this Sorry, but I didn't see one, and direct me to it. Also, if it's relevant I'm using RXtools emunand 10.7 sysnand 9.2.

2. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    The X button works like the B button for a pretty obvious reason, well, to me it's obvious.

X
    A​
    B

With that configuration, you can either run with B and jump with A in Mario OR run with X and jump with A. The latter configuration is effectively the same as letting you jump with B and run with Y, the alternate way that many prefer.

3. Darthlink9
    OP

Darthlink9 GBATemp Resident Heartbreaker

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    Ah I see, so it's not anything I did, but rather the way all GBA VC is programmed? I've only noticed this over the last few days, before that, the X and Y buttons have done absolutely nothing whatsoever.