Hacking Question about Gateway saves

BananaSlamma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really didn't want to make an entirely new thread just to ask such a simple question, but no one would respond to me in either of the question threads after asking multiple times.

Do you still have to exit out of games for game save data to get saved to the SD card? I remember you used to have to do this, but I'm wondering if it saves automatically now or not

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played my 3DS in months, so I too am interested in the answer to this question. It's probably been resolved for a while, but I don't really mind doing HOME >> X >> A before powering down my 3DS anyway, so it's not really a big deal to me. It'd be nice to know if it's fixed, though!

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you give it a try:

First play a game, know the area when you about to save, save the game. Press HOME button and press X to close the game.
Play the game again, load the saved game and make sure it loads from same place.
Delete the game save. Press HOME button and press X to close the game.
Now unscrew the console base that will reveal the battery.
Play the game, know the area when you about to save, save the game, remove battery for sudden power off
Put battery back in, boot console to GW and play the game again, check if the game got saved or not.

Post results.

Last edited by Just3DS,

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much hassle for me, lol! I'm perfectly fine doing HOME >> X >> A. I personally was just more curious than anything. I'll keep an eye on this thread though in case anyone that knows answers the question. Thanks, though :)

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You must either home+x+a or shutdown by pressing (not holding) the power button. If you remove the card or hold the power button or remove battery (or battery dies) it won't save.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
You must either home+x+a or shutdown by pressing (not holding) the power button. If you remove the card or hold the power button or remove battery (or battery dies) it won't save.
Yes, if the battery is about to die (ie. flashing red light on right hinge) and don't have a charger and have no time you can quickly save and press power button (there will be a slight pause, during which the game save will be written to SD card) you can then press the Power Down button on screen to turn off console.

Reactions: IronClouds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello