question about forced ntsc

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vegeta4ss, Nov 16, 2008.

Nov 16, 2008

question about forced ntsc by vegeta4ss at 7:04 PM (982 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. vegeta4ss
    OP

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have two PAL backups which I try and boot with the wiigator gamma loader or the forsaekn gamma loader and they go to a black screen where my tv's output mode shows as "--" instead of "480p". They will not come up unless I go into configuration and manually choose force ntsc. I thought both of these loaders automatically forced ntsc? Am I wrong there? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Is there a way to save the forced ntsc in the config so I do not have to set it every time I play one of these two backups? Many of my other PAL backups load without this option flagged so I just don't understand what's going on here.

Hope someone can help. Thx.

2. Matt93

Member Matt93 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In this thread there is an Autoboot Force NTSC version that will solve your problems. It's the one on the very bottom of the third post.

3. Ashlee

Newcomer Ashlee Advanced Member

United States
    I have the same question [​IMG]

4. quim69

Member quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Andorra
    The loaders all force the videomode that the disc is.

That is if you put a NTSC game in they will force NTSC, if you put a PAL game in they will force PAL.

If you want to override them then do so manually (or get one of the modified versions of the loader that forces a particular videomode). Not all games will work if they have their videomode forced however.