Homebrew WiiFlow video output region

liamZ2r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I am currently having issues with WiiFlow and my Capture card.
My Wii console outputs in PAL video, however, most of my WBFS game backups are from NTSC discs, this means when running them through WiiFlow, it displays in NTSC, which i have to manually change my capture card to view every time, this is a major inconvinience for me. Changing the 'video output' setting in WiiFlow to 'System' or 'PAL 50/60hz' does not do anything, i still have to change my capture card.

So, is there any way to force PAL video output for an NTSC game?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I am currently having issues with WiiFlow and my Capture card.
My Wii console outputs in PAL video, however, most of my WBFS game backups are from NTSC discs, this means when running them through WiiFlow, it displays in NTSC, which i have to manually change my capture card to view every time, this is a major inconvinience for me. Changing the 'video output' setting in WiiFlow to 'System' or 'PAL 50/60hz' does not do anything, i still have to change my capture card.

So, is there any way to force PAL video output for an NTSC game?
Are you using composite cables? Then no. You should get either component or Scart in order for NTSC to show up properly, without the need of "forcing" anything..

liamZ2r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using composite cables? Then no. You should get either component or Scart in order for NTSC to show up properly, without the need of "forcing" anything..
Ii have component cables, but my capture card is composite, or at least is color coded like composite.
firefox_2022-06-11_17-42-29.png

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ii have component cables, but my capture card is composite, or at least is color coded like composite. View attachment 313447
Then you're sorta stuck. What other ports it has? If not, then your last hope is to get some hdmi adapter for the Wii, though i have no experience with them. Just make sure it uses/converts the component signal and not composite.

liamZ2r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then you're sorta stuck. What other ports it has? If not, then your last hope is to get some hdmi adapter for the Wii, though i have no experience with them. Just make sure it uses/converts the component signal and not composite.
it has S-Video and composite, thats it. although i do have Wii2HDMI and a HDMI capture card but it has huge input lag, and i dont have a second HDMI cable, so im stuck with that if i use it. I also do have component cables, but no capture card that supports them.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has S-Video and composite, thats it. although i do have Wii2HDMI and a HDMI capture card but it has huge input lag, and i dont have a second HDMI cable, so im stuck with that if i use it. I also do have component cables, but no capture card that supports them.
S-video is technically better than composite, not sure if it could fix the NTSC output problem though.. probably, if you can find the s-video cable for it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o