Kbs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I'm getting CycloDS in the mail soon so I thought I'd pass the time by asking a question
grog.gif
. This is probably a noob-ish question but I just want to make sure so I don't mess up my CycloDS.

After I download the latest firmware and then later a new one comes out, will I have to delete the old version of the firmware and than put the new version on?

I'm guessing I don't have to delete the old firmware but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

-Thanks.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kbs said:

I'm guessing I don't have to delete the old firmware but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

you just answered ur own question. u dont have to delete anything. but its entirely up to you want u want to do.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No you don't have to delete the old firmware, in fact it's impossible to do so since it's stored on the cartridge itself and not the MicroSD.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kbs said:
Well, I'm getting CycloDS in the mail soon so I thought I'd pass the time by asking a question
grog.gif
. This is probably a noob-ish question but I just want to make sure so I don't mess up my CycloDS.

After I download the latest firmware and then later a new one comes out, will I have to delete the old version of the firmware and than put the new version on?

-Thanks.

The CycloDS updates the firmware very easily.

Each time a new firmware is released, the only thing you download is the new update.evo file from team cyclops website. You place this on the root directory of the microsd card. Then the next time you turn on your ds w/ your cyclods inserted, it updates the firmware automatically (you should get an updating firmware screen at this point). After the firmware updates, the update.evo file gets deleted automatically!

Its really easy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: