Question about firmware

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Kbs, May 21, 2008.

May 21, 2008

Question about firmware by Kbs at 12:04 AM (820 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Kbs
    OP

Member Kbs GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well, I'm getting CycloDS in the mail soon so I thought I'd pass the time by asking a question [​IMG] . This is probably a noob-ish question but I just want to make sure so I don't mess up my CycloDS.

After I download the latest firmware and then later a new one comes out, will I have to delete the old version of the firmware and than put the new version on?

I'm guessing I don't have to delete the old firmware but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

-Thanks.

2. mhkwong

Member mhkwong GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    you just answered ur own question. u dont have to delete anything. but its entirely up to you want u want to do.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No you don't have to delete the old firmware, in fact it's impossible to do so since it's stored on the cartridge itself and not the MicroSD.

4. Kbs
    OP

Member Kbs GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ha ok thanks. Just wanted to make sure [​IMG]

Edit: Btw, loving these fast responses [​IMG]

5. Unchi-san

Member Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

United States
    The CycloDS updates the firmware very easily.

Each time a new firmware is released, the only thing you download is the new update.evo file from team cyclops website. You place this on the root directory of the microsd card. Then the next time you turn on your ds w/ your cyclods inserted, it updates the firmware automatically (you should get an updating firmware screen at this point). After the firmware updates, the update.evo file gets deleted automatically!

Its really easy!