Question about FAT32 and RCMLoader

WaddleDeeve

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions regarding the FAT32 and RCMLoader.

I saw that everyone recommends to use the FAT32 over the exFAT. I have an microsd that when I went to format it to FAT32 there is no option for it. This is one of the Nintendo specific SD Cards they sell(one with the Super Star on it) Is this something that would cause a serious issue for me. Should I go out of my way to get a microSD that i can format to FAT32. I have alot of games and save data on my switch so I kinda have to use these bigger space micros. My current micro has a space of 238gb.

With the RCM Loader, after you install Hecate to the Switch. You still have to make a backup of this in whatever safe location you can for the risk of bricking, correct. Does using an RCM Loader reduce the risk of causing the switch to Brick since the file work is handled for you. If the switch does Brick how hard is it to fix/repair it back.

I am not very tech savy with this kind of thing and only recently started looking into the idea of Jailbreaking my switch. I do have a Switch Lite as a backup switch. No my switch lite is to new to jailbreak.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
RCM Loader, HAST NOTHING to do with bricking risk, is only a way of inject a payload. ALWAYS MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR NAND when you start the hacking proccess because if anything goes wrong you have a restore point.

It's HeKate.

You need a program like FAT32GUI to format ANY card to Fat32 look at: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...higher-than-32gb-to-fat32.612785/post-9835454 The problem of not using Fat32 is about the Nintendo kernel having trouble with ExFat and generating corruption, nothing what any homebrew can correct.

Even if you aren't a tech person you could start for reading good guides, the best ones are:
Stay away of video "tutorials" generally they are outdated.

Reactions: grimson

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a few questions regarding the FAT32 and RCMLoader.

I saw that everyone recommends to use the FAT32 over the exFAT. I have an microsd that when I went to format it to FAT32 there is no option for it. This is one of the Nintendo specific SD Cards they sell(one with the Super Star on it) Is this something that would cause a serious issue for me. Should I go out of my way to get a microSD that i can format to FAT32. I have alot of games and save data on my switch so I kinda have to use these bigger space micros. My current micro has a space of 238gb.

With the RCM Loader, after you install Hecate to the Switch. You still have to make a backup of this in whatever safe location you can for the risk of bricking, correct. Does using an RCM Loader reduce the risk of causing the switch to Brick since the file work is handled for you. If the switch does Brick how hard is it to fix/repair it back.

I am not very tech savy with this kind of thing and only recently started looking into the idea of Jailbreaking my switch. I do have a Switch Lite as a backup switch. No my switch lite is to new to jailbreak.
There is no risk of bricking if you use an emuNAND and never launch CFW on sysNAND or attempt to modify the sysNAND with RCM payloads in any way. Which is the recommended way to do things anyway to minimize ban risks.

WaddleDeeve

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using the SD Card Formatter to change my ExFat to FAT32. I do not se the option to convert it to FAT32. I do not see an option to format to FAT32. Is it because my MicroSD Card is a 238GB space. The second pic is from after running a Quick and Overwrite Format from the Formatter. Note: I did check it after performing both formatting attempts. But it looks the same.
1656498864840.png
1656498946785.png

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using the SD Card Formatter to change my ExFat to FAT32. I do not se the option to convert it to FAT32. I do not see an option to format to FAT32. Is it because my MicroSD Card is a 238GB space. The second pic is from after running a Quick and Overwrite Format from the Formatter. Note: I did check it after performing both formatting attempts. But it looks the same.
View attachment 315778View attachment 315779

You can use guiformat

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 315778View attachment 315779
After a certain size of sd cards, windows formater wont format sd's to fat32. You gotta use a different program like guiformat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off