Hacking Question about EZF 3in1 saving

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far, I've been playing GBA roms via the PSram and I just endure the few seconds as it loads up. I heard about the NOR mode but what I want to know is that if I flash a GBA rom to the NOR and play a game as normal and I decide to put another game into the NOR, what will happen to the save for the previous GBA rom?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how_do_i_do_that said:
it disappears if you don't back it up. NOR requires manual backup. PSRAM is immediate after restart.

I thought I told you that last month.
Ah, so THAT'S what the dump SRAM function is for. Whoops.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
No. The dump SRAM dumps the WHOLE RAM which may contain save files for both PSRAM and NOR mode(3in1 can hold 2 different save files at once, 1 for each mode). If there is already a ROM in NOR you will be asked directly if you want to write the current save file to microSD. This will dump your save WITH the game's current name, unlike 'dump SRAM' which always saves them as SRAM.BIN meaning you can only back up one file at a time.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always thought that writing a new rom to the NOR when I have a half completed game on it wipes the save out but I actually got round to trying it out and found that the save doesn't really get affected. So I guess I must've been reading up on something else to be worried over why it would wipe the save.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Think it also depends on what slot-1 you are using.
I like YSMenu because it not only automatically saves PSRAM saves on startup, but also has a button to save the NOR save file.
And if you can write only the save file if the NOR already has the rom.

I used to it to use quick saves as more permanent saves.
smile.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as has been said, it depends what slot1 and what firmware you use.

for instance, akaio will automatically backup any saves on the ez 3-in-1, whereas the official ak2 firmware will not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1