Homebrew Question about changing sd card on my 3ds

TheIcarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: I wanted to change my New3ds SD with Luma3ds on it from a 16 GB to a 64 GB SD card. Should I just transfer my data from the old sd card to the new one by copying it from the old one to my computer and then from the computer to the new sd card or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Quick question: I wanted to change my New3ds SD with Luma3ds on it from a 16 GB to a 64 GB SD card. Should I just transfer my data from the old sd card to the new one by copying it from the old one to my computer and then from the computer to the new sd card or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

yes only copy the whole content back into your new sd card and thats all! :)

edit: i forgot one thing, i am an updated sysNAND user so i forgot about emuNAND LOL..

if you have emuNAND you will need to restore it onto your new SD card.
if you are an updated sysNAND user like me with no emuNAND partition.

then you only have to copy paste your data on to your new sd.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Ah okay. How would I go about restoring the EmuNand? Do you mean I would just have to redownload it on the 3ds? and would I lose data because of that?

you use luma cfw yes? do you have a9lh installed ? or are you an menuhax user?

if you are on a9lh that would be very easy for you, you could simply backup your current emuNAND that you have on your 16gig card and then back it up on your pc, then power off your 3ds push your new 64gig card in and boot your 3ds into D9 and then simply restore your emuNAND with the option stating (restore emuNAND a9lh) something like that, then after that i belive it formats your sd card and you will have your emuNAND back on the new card.

after that simply eject your new SD card and copy all of the content that was in your 16gig card into your 64gig and push your 64gig back in your 3ds and it should show up your emuNAND with your content.

TheIcarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you use luma cfw yes? do you have a9lh installed ? or are you an menuhax user?

if you are on a9lh that would be very easy for you, you could simply backup your current emuNAND that you have on your 16gig card and then back it up on your pc, then power off your 3ds push your new 64gig card in and boot your 3ds into D9 and then simply restore your emuNAND with the option stating (restore emuNAND a9lh) something like that, then after that i belive it formats your sd card and you will have your emuNAND back on the new card.

after that simply eject your new SD card and copy all of the content that was in your 16gig card into your 64gig and push your 64gig back in your 3ds and it should show up your emuNAND with your content.
Yeah I think (?) I have A9lh installed, I'm not really too sure to be honest since I'm pretty new to hacking. If there's a guide for this that would be helpful

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yeah I think (?) I have A9lh installed, I'm not really too sure to be honest since I'm pretty new to hacking. If there's a guide for this that would be helpful

do you have a emuNAND backup ? are you sure you have emuNAND xD

if you do ,you will need to run D9 , since you have A9LH it should be very easy for you to boot into D9, from there you simply have to backup your emuNAND and then restore it onto your new SD card.

guide v
try this my dude.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

TheIcarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1