Hardware Question about BQ24193 chip

hN_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vcc on battery is rising when i inject 5 volts directly to bq on vbus rail at .46 a

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do you work on mb, mb flat on desk ?
more test on this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-board-draws-0-46-a-and-doesnt-boot.569569/#post-9143342 usb d+D- shorted to gnd ? is patched,can you boot hekate ? you will need usb port or, you can solder d+d- vcc and gnd to a usb cable, jig or nand removed, nand is conected to mb ?

I think you did something to the board working on usb port, working on bq . i don't now how to tell you to test Max17050 yet if is working and if the batery will charge but not start booting if is broken, balls under bridged..

vcc on battery is rising ? what is vcc on batery now?

I will try that, do you have pin out so I can solder data lines? I don't believe I have that unfixable .46 no boot issue because I have to force the board to take it, its very weird though

Modificatorul

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Vcc on battery is rising when i inject 5 volts directly to bq on vbus rail at .46 a

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will try that, do you have pin out so I can solder data lines? I don't believe I have that unfixable .46 no boot issue because I have to force the board to take it, its very weird though

See the link read, pinout is there.

hN_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the link read, pinout is there.

Should I give up on this motherboard? I started over and probed the video chip capacitor, it was shorted, removed video chip, still shorted, then removed capacitor, now its not shorted anymore, board will not take any amps still. Should I go ahead and reinstall video chip and give it a new cap?

Modificatorul

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Should I give up on this motherboard? I started over and probed the video chip capacitor, it was shorted, removed video chip, still shorted, then removed capacitor, now its not shorted anymore, board will not take any amps still. Should I go ahead and reinstall video chip and give it a new cap?

You said no shorts first aròund m92 you dint test the 3.3v line cap next to m92 ?You moved to fast to tegra or you mean p13 usb, dont put back yet p13 is used on dock.

So the original problem was usb port shorted, or when you replace the usb port you created shorts and blown the p13 and the cap and maybe done something to m92 and bq

I don't now what exactly you did to the board from the nintendo logo to this situation, i give up, i hope someone better step up and help you.

Last edited by Modificatorul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv