Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using ImgBurn to back up my Wii games to Verbatim DVD-R discs, but whenever I try to burn them at 1x speed (since all tutorials say to use the "lowest speed possible") it gives me an error and says that it can only burn at 6x speed minimum. Is there a reason for this? Can I get around it and make it burn at 1x? Will playing games that have been burned at 6x cause any issues being run on a Wii or in Dolphin?

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
I've been using ImgBurn to back up my Wii games to Verbatim DVD-R discs, but whenever I try to burn them at 1x speed (since all tutorials say to use the "lowest speed possible") it gives me an error and says that it can only burn at 6x speed minimum. Is there a reason for this? Can I get around it and make it burn at 1x? Will playing games that have been burned at 6x cause any issues being run on a Wii or in Dolphin?
dont burn it to a dvd use usb loader. its better and more green

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've burned games at faster speed and really had no issues. I think I usually did 4x speed but 6x shouldn't hurt.

Burned a lot of games using Verbatim DVD-R's and none of them have had issues. Burn at 6x speed, it should be fine.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry about it, if your not having any issues with them burned at 4 or 6x then continue doing it at those speeds. slower burning is for people with slow computers that fail at higher speeds.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Rubedo said:
dont burn it to a dvd use usb loader. its better and more green

I'd rather keep my stuff on DVDs, thanks.

QUOTE(Ryoku83 @ Apr 18 2011, 09:30 PM)
Don't worry about it, if your not having any issues with them burned at 4 or 6x then continue doing it at those speeds. slower burning is for people with slow computers that fail at higher speeds.

Well that's just it, I haven't tried running any of them yet >_>

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i can't say for sure. I've never used dvd backups for wii, but i haven't had any issues with burning pc iso's at higher speeds. All you can do is test them on your wii if your burner/discs wont let you go any slower.

robbywu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back when i was burning DVD's i used 8x and had no issues, but try 4x that should be low enough speed for anyone

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think that when people say "burn only at 1x speed" have no idea what theyre talking about or how optical drives work. Yes, if you burn at 16x you do have a higher chance of burning a disc that won't work, but that does not mean you should burn at 1x. Burn at 8x and you will be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)