Question about 2ds.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ImmortalShadow, Jun 9, 2016.

1. ImmortalShadow
    OP

ImmortalShadow Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    I'm purchasing a 2ds, but need some answers.

1.) Can I run Roms without a flash card?
    2.) Will a 3ds hack work on a 2ds, or are they different firmwares?
    3.) What firmware will it come with?
    4.) If I hack it, will I need a flashcard?

Thanks so much! I never got into Nintendo hacking as its just so advanced. I'm good at the ps3 scene and PC.

2. Anthony D'Amico

Anthony D'Amico Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2014
    This is the guide you need:
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide will work on New 3DS, Old 3DS, and 2DS in the EUR, JPN, or USA regions on firmware 11.0.0 or below. -- This note was taken directly from the guide, it has been a while since i modded a 2DS/3DS

It requires no flashcards and allows you to install games straightr to the SD card. Just make sure you have a big enough SD card (Im using a 32gb)

Once you have complete the above guide, you can install CIAngel that lets you donwload games straight to the 2DS/3DS without needing a computer
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ciangel-download-good-cias-right-on-your-3ds.423326/

Good Luck

3. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    For 11.0.0 you will need a hardmod. For 10.6 and 10.7 you will need a cartridge based entry point. Anything below that you should be able to use browserhax as long as you have a working browser.

4. monkey69

monkey69 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2007
    United States
    1) Yes, if you install CFW.
    2) The procedures for 2DS and O3DS are identical.
    3) The two 2DSs I have came with 6.0.0-11. (bought them in the last month)
    4) No, unless you want to use DS roms, then you need a DS flashcart.

Last edited by monkey69, Jun 9, 2016
    ImmortalShadow likes this.
  5. ImmortalShadow
    OP

ImmortalShadow Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    DS Roms? You mean dslite ROms or 3ds/2ds Roms?

6. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    For any software based exploits, treat it as an o3ds.

7. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    First a 2ds is an o3ds.
    Second never ever buy a gateway. Like ever. It's a waste of your time and money
    Third . it's highly possible that your 3ds comes with a firmware lower than 10.6 thus you can hack it without an exploit game or hardmod. Just follow this guide and in no time your 3ds will be hacked and ready for all the games you want without the need for a flashcard.
    And you don't need a flashcard to run 3ds ROMs as nowadays they come as cias. Nowadays there isn't even the need for cias as you can use a tool called free shop to install pirated ROMs right on the 3ds

8. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    No idea why mentionning the Gateway in a thread that never talked about it if it's to say "don't buy it".
    Plus, even though I hate how they do their stuff (mostly the "aka A9LH" thing...), I think that "waste of time and money" applies more to Sky3DS than to Gateway. At least Gateway has features (most of them and more being covered by free CFWs but still, a Sky3DS is far below the amount of features provided by Gateway).

So yeah ok, let's say freeCFW>Gateway if you want, but why bash them if that was uncalled for and why bash them when there is worse?

9. monkey69

monkey69 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2007
    United States
    Yes, DS(lite) roms. 3DS roms (actually, CIAs) run without a flashcart once installed.

10. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Because he mentioned flashcards and I said to him to not buy flashcards ;) (specially gateway)

11. ImmortalShadow
    OP

ImmortalShadow Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    I was just curious if the flash card days are over.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So, I follow that guide, install freeshop, follow the guide for there brew, then download a CIA, put it on my Samsung SD card, and viola I got free games? Seems pretty awesome, thanks so much!

12. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    they are over, dead and unreliable