ROM Hack [Question] 3ds OS won't boot, only forced update mode.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not made a nand backup.
XdXVG.gif

That's like step one of modifying ANYTHING. Come on, now. The brick is your own fault. You can't do much but hope that updating will save your hardware. After which, all you can do is wait and hope Ninjhax 2.0 will support your new firmware.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
-useless reaction gif-
That's like step one of modifying ANYTHING. Come on, now. The brick is your own fault. You can't do much but hope that updating will save your hardware. After which, all you can do is wait and hope Ninjhax 2.0 will support your new firmware.
enough beating the horsie, @gamesquest1 already acted as school principal, OP already got his ass spanked

however yes, OP can hope update will solve it, and maybe is time to sell his 3ds and get a new one... its an ambassador, if it has the games, it should not get a really bad price for it...

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd think forced update would allow you to update from a cartridge for "those less fortunate without internet" (and by that I mean people like us)

Aquaboy11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am trying to bruteforce the link to the latest systemupdate to see if any old firmware releases are still online. Hopefully I could then inject the old firmware into the server reply and send that to the 3ds, since that is in plain text.

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am trying to bruteforce the link to the latest systemupdate to see if any old firmware releases are still online. Hopefully I could then inject the old firmware into the server reply and send that to the 3ds, since that is in plain text.
Tell me when it worked

Aquaboy11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Updating everything but keeping the browser from updating wouldn't work unfortunately. Have done some actual research, but it seems I have no other option than just updating it and hoping for a new exploit. So I did it, but it still won't boot. Booting the 3ds gives a black screen with no backlight. The only led that turns on is the power led. Any ideas on how to unbrick it?

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Updating everything but keeping the browser from updating wouldn't work unfortunately. Have done some actual research, but it seems I have no other option than just updating it and hoping for a new exploit. So I did it, but it still won't boot. Booting the 3ds gives a black screen with no backlight. The only led that turns on is the power led. Any ideas on how to unbrick it?
If you don't have a NAND backup, then no. It's dead.

Aquaboy11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, as it's been a while, I wonder if anyone has found something to solve the issue. I tried upgrading my 3ds a few times, it's now on 11.2, but still has a black screen and blue light when booting to the OS.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, as it's been a while, I wonder if anyone has found something to solve the issue. I tried upgrading my 3ds a few times, it's now on 11.2, but still has a black screen and blue light when booting to the OS.

Almost 2 years now dude. That's a hard brick, it's dead.
Do a hardmod.

Reactions: Aletron9000

Aquaboy11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Almost 2 years now dude. That's a hard brick, it's dead.
Do a hardmod.
I accidentally pressed one tool in rxtools while browsing through it's menu's. It didn't seem like a lot has been destroyed, but just enough to cause an issue. If I find the list of all rxtools issues I might remember what I did to screw up my 3ds. Also, I didn't get to make a NAND backup yet as I hit that other option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT