Homebrew Quesions about B9S hacked 3DS

CheatJoker008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I do realize that my questions are probably quite trivial, but I guess asking these sorta stuff is a privilege for being a Newcomer :P

Is it safe to:
play legit eshop games online?
CIA installed games online?
CIA installed games offline?
use homebrew launcher (and of course homebrew softwares) via Rosalina menu?

Oh, and by 'safe' I mean 'OK to do without risking getting banned'.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do realize that my questions are probably quite trivial, but I guess asking these sorta stuff is a privilege for being a Newcomer :P

Is it safe to:
play legit eshop games online?
CIA installed games online?
CIA installed games offline?
use homebrew launcher (and of course homebrew softwares) via Rosalina menu?

Oh, and by 'safe' I mean 'OK to do without risking getting banned'.
Yup its safe to play any game online. Whether it be physical or digital. All copies of the game are 1:1 so they're the same. Cia installed games are no different.

Supposedly its safer to use homebrew launcher with rosalina instead of cia installed homebrew. The issue with cia homebrew is that they appear as "Unauthorized software" that doesn't match anything that's on their servers. It's up to you if you want to play it safe by restricting yourself to only using homebrew from homebrew launcher. There's no for sure answer since nobody works for Nintendo. A lot of people haven't been banned and they use cia homebrew. If you don't really play online much, you definitely shouldn't worry at all. Because thats the only thing that gets banned. Everything else would still work, and its also easy to unban.

CheatJoker008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yup its safe to play any game online. Whether it be physical or digital. All copies of the game are 1:1 so they're the same. Cia installed games are no different.

Supposedly its safer to use homebrew launcher with rosalina instead of cia installed homebrew. The issue with cia homebrew is that they appear as "Unauthorized software" that doesn't match anything that's on their servers. It's up to you if you want to play it safe by restricting yourself to only using homebrew from homebrew launcher. There's no for sure answer since nobody works for Nintendo. A lot of people haven't been banned and they use cia homebrew. If you don't really play online much, you definitely shouldn't worry at all. Because thats the only thing that gets banned. Everything else would still work, and its also easy to unban.
Alright, that was VERY helpful :grog: but I have one more question: what happens to your NNID if you got banned? Can you unlink NNID, unban conslole and then relink your NNID and pretend nothing ever happened?
I know that ban cases isn't all that common now (except for ban waves), but I just wanna be sure of everything.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, that was VERY helpful :grog: but I have one more question: what happens to your NNID if you got banned? Can you unlink NNID, unban conslole and then relink your NNID and pretend nothing ever happened?
I know that ban cases isn't all that common now (except for ban waves), but I just wanna be sure of everything.
Thing is your NNID won't get banned in that type of situation, you'll only get banned from online play. The only time they banned NNID was when players cheated the badge arcade, or when players went online in pokemon sun/moon before the game released. But once your NNID is banned, it means that you can't link another NNID on that system so that means you can't even system transfer. You generally won't have to worry about NNID banning, just online play ban. And as I said before, you can easily unban and enjoy online play again.

Last edited by MattKimura,

CheatJoker008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thing is your NNID won't get banned in that type of situation, you'll only get banned from online play. The only time they banned NNID was when players cheated the badge arcade, or when players went online in pokemon sun/moon before the game released. But once your NNID is banned, it means that you can't link another NNID on that system so that means you can't even system transfer. You generally won't have to worry about NNID banning, just online play ban. And as I said before, you can easily unban and enjoy online play again.
Thank you for answering my questions. Now I can proceed to CFW my 3DS fearlessly :yay3ds:

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for answering my questions. Now I can proceed to CFW my 3DS fearlessly :yay3ds:
Yeah there's not much to worry about. What you can do with a hacked 3DS far outweighs a simple little ban that likely won't happen. And as long as you seek out .3dsx version of homebrew, you most definitely will be safe since rosalina basically uses Download Play so it just shows that you're playing download play. Nintendo did a good job at scaring everyone. but the way I see it, its not that big of a deal. Especially since it rarely happens. Also note that they aren't detecting that you installed boot9strap or have Luma3DS CFW running so don't feel ashamed to have that setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk