Homebrew game QuakeGX with added features and updated to latest toolchain

yummt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically I updated QuakeGX to compile with the latest toolchain, and added some features for modders.

Namely:
  • HLBSP (Half-life BSP)
  • External Colored Lighting (LIT) support
  • Skybox support
  • True transparency support
  • Disabled multitexturing in favor of a more efficient rendering pipeline
  • As well as many other bug fixes
Here's the link: https://github.com/tyleryoung88/QuakeGX-Wii

I don't exactly know how to setup a release, but you can take wii/apps/quake and put that in your SD card if you want to play. You'll need either the shareware version of Quake pak put in the ID1 folder, or the full game files.

Have fun and feel free to report bugs. I'm not sure how often I'll be updating this, but I do plan to port more features from other projects I'm working on.

1720379908732.png

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Got around to trying it, I love that you can set the memory size manually now although it seems that gamecube controller support is broken? I'm unable to map the B button. Also I read on your github that you're porting Nazi Zombies Portable to Wii?

yummt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got around to trying it, I love that you can set the memory size manually now although it seems that gamecube controller support is broken? I'm unable to map the B button. Also I read on your github that you're porting Nazi Zombies Portable to Wii?
Thanks for taking the time to try it out! I don't have a working GameCube controller at the moment, but I can take a look at this and see if there's anything that could be causing the bind to not work.

I am porting nzp to the wii, but it's not finished yet and I haven't made a proper public announcement. I honestly didn't plan on anyone reading or knowing what it is, hah! I'd say it's probably getting close to ready for release. Just have some bugs I need to fix and I'd like better interaction with the viewmodel/pointer. The goal is to feel as close to black ops wii as possible.
Post automatically merged:

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_f46a3f8a-298c-4427-97c4-3f2eb2ba45e0.jpg

Last edited by yummt,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for taking the time to try it out! I don't have a working GameCube controller at the moment, but I can take a look at this and see if there's anything that could be causing the bind to not work.

I am porting nzp to the wii, but it's not finished yet and I haven't made a proper public announcement. I honestly didn't plan on anyone reading or knowing what it is, hah! I'd say it's probably getting close to ready for release. Just have some bugs I need to fix and I'd like better interaction with the viewmodel/pointer. The goal is to feel as close to black ops wii as possible.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 446196

Being the the Wii only ever got nazi zombies through black ops and it was only one single level, this is really awesome news! I don't even think black ops wii works online anymore even

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, so complex people fall for it
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    "It is the first endpoint protection based on a multilayered machine-learning engine" that is soo fake "that equips families and individuals with the same level of cyber protection" get ready for this "enjoyed by Fortune 500 companies."
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    oops just made explorer crash : D
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, internet Explorer?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You might get a BJ for 2Cents heard that's what uremum charges
    +2
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @Xdqwerty File Explorer
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    Pretty much the taskbar
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    and file explorer..
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    without it you would have a hard time using windows
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    your basis would likely be task manager and command prompt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, 10 dollars is 10 dollars.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    2cents to ten dollars that's alot of work for an ugly gal
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    turns out the ISO image I'm trying to mount crashes explorer because it's too big I guess
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    "And that, kids, is why Task Manager exists."
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    🎶I didn't start the fir-YA!🎶
    🎶I was downloading and extracting,🎶
    🎶Multiple files!🎶
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    ayy I got Kirby: Right Back At Ya! now streaming in VLC
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, he's got maximum pink
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    I've got maximum orange.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    now, I wonder where the DVD menus are...
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    found it
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    why is there funky music on this ISO
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, This is very interesting to look at, just goes to show how different calculators were back in the day.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, This is very interesting to look at, just goes to show how different calculators were...