Quake Rev PAK Release 4

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
27127-QuakeRevicon.png
cQuake030211.png

Izhido has updated QRevPAK to release 4. This Wii homebrew can boot several titles from the Quake series of games, including the original Quake, QuakeWorld, QuakeII, Quake II - Threewave CTF, and the official mission packs. See below for what's new in this edition, and check out the project page for instructions and more information about how to set up and use this application.

Release Notes (05/18/12) said:
  • New GX-accelerated builds of Q2Rev and Q2CTFRev.
  • Support for the official Quake and Quake II Mission Packs, now available in the Quake Rev PAK launcher.
  • Lots of bug fixes, including an embarrasing one where left & right sound channels were inverted (oops!)
  • Fixed a problem with Quake II savegame files, which were not compatible between releases. Starting from Release 4, all new savegame files will work as expected.
  • Also starting from this release, it will be required that the game data folders be located inside folders called "Q1" and "Q2" at the engines folder level. This will help having Quake and Quake II data separated, and thus be able to play the "rogue" Mission Packs (Dissolution of Eternity, Ground Zero).

NOTICE: The config.cfg data generated by previous releases of the Q2Rev and Q2CTFRev engines might contain invalid data. It is recommended that you delete them before playing the Quake II games. The engines will recreate the config.cfg files when they are not found.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Page

Reactions: 1 person

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried this the other day and it looks fantastic. However the nunchuck/wiiremote controls feel just wrong without the ability use the IR pointer smoothly as in Quake GX, and for some reason I'm having trouble with the right analog stick on my CC pro, with seams to be badly calibrated and stuck to the upper left direction, without any way to set a dead zone or recalibrate it.
Is it just that the CCpro is not properly supported, or could that be a way to make it work properly ?

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get this working from my USB drive with no success.
I've tried multiple versions of the Quake 2 baseq2 folder but I always get "Sys_Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" and get returned to the HB channel.
From what I can find online it seems that the problem may be with the Homebrew Channel itself - I've not upgraded to the very latest version because 80% of my homebrew apps disappear from the HB channel when I do.
I'm wondering does anyone have a working forwarder for the Quake Rev Pak that I could try - I figure maybe if I can bypass the HB channel it will work?
I've searched around but cannot find a forwarder for this app.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've been trying to get this working from my USB drive with no success.
I've tried multiple versions of the Quake 2 baseq2 folder but I always get "Sys_Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" and get returned to the HB channel.
From what I can find online it seems that the problem may be with the Homebrew Channel itself - I've not upgraded to the very latest version because 80% of my homebrew apps disappear from the HB channel when I do.
I'm wondering does anyone have a working forwarder for the Quake Rev Pak that I could try - I figure maybe if I can bypass the HB channel it will work?
I've searched around but cannot find a forwarder for this app.

Well I launched it just fine from Postloader, without any issue.
If you don't have postloader installed, you can try to boot it from wiiexplorer, that worked for me as well.
The problem I have is a simple issue with the right analog stick calibration or deadzone, I've read elsewhere that other users had the same problem with a GC controller, I wish there could be a way to edit the relative settings in the cfg files.....

Reactions: 1 person

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I launched it just fine from Postloader, without any issue. If you don't have postloader installed, you can try to boot it from wiiexplorer, that worked for me as well.

Thanks for the tip, I installed the latest version of wiixplorer but unfortunately it still gives me the same error.
I'll see if having the files on the SD card makes any difference.
If that doesn't work maybe I'll look into Postloader.

punkydudester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have this setup correctly? The instructions make no sense. Q1/ID1 and then I also have HIPNOTIC and ROGUE in the same folder. Ok so what about mission pak 2? I can't simply put another ID1 file and the additional of the same files in the same folder. How am I supposed to have all of these different missions and sequels set properly? Shouldn't the mission paks be in their own folders inside of Q1 and Q2. It seems like all these versions work yet there are steps missing in the tutorial. I am not using the shareware versions either, I am using the actual games. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, it has been a while since this post, but i am experiencing the same behaviour. While in SD card things go well with qrevpak, copying the same folder to usb, gives errors

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-