Quake Rev PAK Release 4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, May 20, 2012.

May 20, 2012

Quake Rev PAK Release 4 by VatoLoco at 6:52 PM (2,597 Views / 1 Likes) 4 replies

1. VatoLoco
    OP

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Izhido has updated QRevPAK to release 4. This Wii homebrew can boot several titles from the Quake series of games, including the original Quake, QuakeWorld, QuakeII, Quake II - Threewave CTF, and the official mission packs. See below for what's new in this edition, and check out the project page for instructions and more information about how to set up and use this application.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Page

1 person likes this.
  2. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I tried this the other day and it looks fantastic. However the nunchuck/wiiremote controls feel just wrong without the ability use the IR pointer smoothly as in Quake GX, and for some reason I'm having trouble with the right analog stick on my CC pro, with seams to be badly calibrated and stuck to the upper left direction, without any way to set a dead zone or recalibrate it.
    Is it just that the CCpro is not properly supported, or could that be a way to make it work properly ?

3. Loop

Member Loop GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been trying to get this working from my USB drive with no success.
    I've tried multiple versions of the Quake 2 baseq2 folder but I always get "Sys_Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" and get returned to the HB channel.
    From what I can find online it seems that the problem may be with the Homebrew Channel itself - I've not upgraded to the very latest version because 80% of my homebrew apps disappear from the HB channel when I do.
    I'm wondering does anyone have a working forwarder for the Quake Rev Pak that I could try - I figure maybe if I can bypass the HB channel it will work?
    I've searched around but cannot find a forwarder for this app.

4. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Well I launched it just fine from Postloader, without any issue.
    If you don't have postloader installed, you can try to boot it from wiiexplorer, that worked for me as well.
    The problem I have is a simple issue with the right analog stick calibration or deadzone, I've read elsewhere that other users had the same problem with a GC controller, I wish there could be a way to edit the relative settings in the cfg files.....

1 person likes this.
  5. Loop

Member Loop GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the tip, I installed the latest version of wiixplorer but unfortunately it still gives me the same error.
    I'll see if having the files on the SD card makes any difference.
    If that doesn't work maybe I'll look into Postloader.