Quake DS - Prerelease version

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with this and frodo ds on my SCSD (1gb kingston)

got them both working now by patching with the scsd_moon.dldi from

http://www.cryptosystem.org/projects/nds/scsd_moon.dldi

works on SCSD perhaps it will work with others.

biggrin.gif
Sweet it works now! not really fun to play tho cause of graphical glitches.

hobochangba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally had the chance to test this, and very nice it is too! Tried a couple of mods I had a while ago and some work and some don't (though that could be due to some size restrictions).

I remember there was some Half Life and GoldenEye conversion mods being made for Quake, dunno if they were completed though but still nice.

dualscreenman

Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I was following development for this.. like one year ago something.. all he kept releasing was videos lol. I'll give this a try later today and hopefully he doesn't give up on it (again).
That was actually DS Quake, which wasn't a port of Quake 1. It was more of an unofficial Quake game for the DS.

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I was following development for this.. like one year ago something.. all he kept releasing was videos lol. I'll give this a try later today and hopefully he doesn't give up on it (again).

That was actually DS Quake, which wasn't a port of Quake 1. It was more of an unofficial Quake game for the DS.
Actually, you are thinking of DS Doom that was an unofficial Doom game, not a port. The old Quake for the DS really was a port.

mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
To Hadrian
How do you launch a mod with Quake DS ?
Cause You can't make a batch file. I'd really like to know as i'd like to try some of the too.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm using a DS-X and followed the tutorial. After doing everything and starting I get the message "3.1 megs of memory available" and then nothin happens ...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i can't find a wad file for quake anywhere! not even shareware files exist!

First of all its a .pak not a .wad and second did you try the link provided on the drunken coders site?

ok, i though you will need the same files like the doom one.

edit: the homepage shareware download is too busy, and i can't find a .pak file anywhere, the only file i found is for linux or for the most latest quake games, i guess it's a dead end for me or i will try that shareware file again, unless someone upload the shareware file to megaupload or something.

mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thats wrong
You should install the shareware (or commercial version) and after that you'll find the .pak in the directory. Something like quake/id1/quake.pak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ