quadforce v 0.1 FINAL by crediar

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Shano56, Jun 11, 2012.

1. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    most people have reported these lags, yes. and i noticed them in crediars mametchi video as well. but has anyone actually tried quadforce on different SD cards with different read speeds and checked if the lag was better or worse? i only have one SD otherwise i would.

2. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    its because in the real hardware the game is copied on the internal ram so the game don't lag on real hardware its diffferent on the wii because the game is always being read from the sd card

3. OOKAMIFR

OOKAMIFR Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2012
    France
    Hello all

quadforce emulate TRIFORCE arcade system
    TRIFORCE system is very similar of the GAMECUBE but don't work same way

the system load entire game in memory in order to play with no lag or loading

to reproduce the system on the wii, the best methode found by crediar is to load the game on the fly

in resutl, if you want to play most fine as possible, you must choose a SD CARD CLASS 10
    you can also found more fast SD CARD

[​IMG]

https://www.sdcard.o...ew/speed_class/

the most fastest SD CARD you can found can up to 90MB/s or X600

hope this can help you in order to play good as possible :)

for my part i can't install it with the real nand installation
    if someone can tell me how i can perform it :)

EDIT

class speed grid
    Rating Read Speed
    (MB/s) Write Speed
    (MB/s) Speed
    Class 6× 0.9 10× 1.5 13× 2.0 2.0 2 26× 4.0 4.0 4 32× 4.8 5.0 5 40× 6.0 6.0 6 66× 10.0 10.0 10 100× 15.0 15.0 133× 20.0 20.0 150× 22.5 22.5 200× 30.0 30.0 266× 40.0 40.0 300× 45.0 45.0 400× 60.0 60.0 600× 90.0 90.0

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

4. emmanu888

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    uh thats exactly what i said in my last post

and you install the quadforce wad on your wii and you use DM Booter from FIX94

5. OOKAMIFR

OOKAMIFR Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2012
    France
    ho, sorry, didn't see it :P

i made this test way but still not working
    do you know if a full tutorial exist ?

in fact, i have personnaly triforce system but i want to test wii in order to see how it work :)

thanks for your help :)

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I tried an old Kingston 1GB card and 3 different class 4's and I didn't notice any difference. I have a class 10 in my phone that I could try but I don't want to take it out of the phone.

7. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Colchester, England
    After finally getting it to work properly, I think this is fantastic! :D

Using Sandisk MicroSD 2GB formatted as 64kb cluster size.

8. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm surprised anything above Class4 would make a difference.
    Isn't the Wii's SD controller the bandwidth bottleneck anyhow?

9. emmanu888

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    really ? i thought nintendo optimized the sd slot when they integrated sdhc card support on the wii

10. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure about that, they added support as in "it can access them", but speed is another matter.
    I'd love to see numbers for Wii loading speed vs SD Class..

11. emmanu888

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    yes on system menu 3.4 copying data on a sd card was faster and transfering back on the wii is already fast which would be the same for gc games on a sd card

12. Crimsonclaw111

Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    Quadforce is not the same as Triiforce. Quadforce merely lets you play Mario Kart GP 1 and 2 and nothing more.

13. LWares87

Oct 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Colchester, England
    Oh, but imagine the possibilities... If crediar had continued with it...

- support for more games (like F-Zero AX)
    - virtual data cards/real time saving to SD
    - usb loading
    - no need for installing or replacing wads

But... I guess we get what we are given, I suppose...

14. AntiPhotonz

AntiPhotonz Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2012
    Canada
    Card speed cannot increase unless the bus speed increases which would require Nintendo making a Wii with a higher bus speed. It can't just increase by itself.

15. sonictopfan

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Mar 2, 2010
    Guys this shall end this now, any SD card that is class 4+ is the same speed on Wii, don't waste your money on a class 6 or a class 10 if you're gonna use it on Wii thinking it'll increase speed, this is bullcrap!

16. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    wishful thinking... :(

17. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    So people are reporting getting this working with "old" SD cards yet my Class 2 SDHC card won't?

18. LWares87

Oct 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Colchester, England
    Troubleshooting quadforce questions/answers:

19. fiddlefaddle22

fiddlefaddle22 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2008
    Is it possible to run these games in 480p?

20. sk0ld

sk0ld GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2005
    United States
    Nope. He didn't. Actually, it seems he was just bright enough to have gone out of his way to NOT tell us. I've watched him browse these threads over this whole ordeal, and he's said (and continues to say) absolutely nothing. His last post here, March 27th. Now why would he do that? It's probably because he knows it's not a very good excuse, and that I'd pick it apart real quick.
    The truth is that he's hung himself with his own noose here. The whole thing is pretty damn funny.

So who did he tell? His legion of followers at Dark Umbra. Why? To save face of course. Being the admin, he knew nobody there would ever question him out loud, and he was right.

You see at least JJ was smart enough to know who he'd be able to lie to and get away with it. Take a guess who wasn't. ;P
    "..and lying is bad. Mkay?"

So let's take a look at what he told 'em.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Anyone else here want to take a stab at why this excuse doesn't hold much water? I'll give you a hint. Look at the dates. That second part is just a flat out lie. There have been 'DML compatible' loaders since well before even the 1st of February. (pfft, that's all they had to do was write the boot.bin and launch)

As if I even need to, here's some more 'fuel for the fire.' ..found this on pastebin through google. It was pasted on the 7th, and I've figured out who put it there, just not who it was for.. but none of that matters. It has since been removed. It's also pretty amusing.

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Anyone else here look guilty as shit? =P
    My personal favorite is JJ's reaction. First he's got no problem pushing a release that states it's built on a GPL project without including the source.. 'slow walks' megazig for a while.. and then..
    ..scrambles when there are consequences. Also notice how he doesn't say something like "What? It's a leak?! G0dlke!?!"
    He sure did. See, now here again G0dLiKe.. you're just really, REALLY bad at lying. F-Zero AX doesn't even work! Never has, and now never will. (the game is directly mapped to RAM via the SP1) The patching you've noticed there is incomplete.

"We"
    That's right, and thanks to you idiots that's all they'll ever get. Who the fuck do you think you are to decide when other people should release their projects? He wasn't teasing the god damned videos either. Those were posted due to character requests from the chatroom.

I'd like to think that we've all learned a lesson here, but what I'd really like though is for the both of you.. hell, anyone else involved (mastershoes, thatfloorguy) in this to grow a pair of testicles and admit to a fault. You've made the bed and now everyone has to lie in it.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted