Hacking QCMA Headaches...

TheOverseer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I have a problem. My Vita is 3.60, Slim. I have Enso installed.

I'm trying to use QCMA to make the backup. I've never used QCMA before. It's complaining about my Vita being unregistered and not communicating with my Vita. It says apparently to use QCMA, you need a Vita with a PSN account. I just didn't bother doing that because I knew I was going to be using it for CFW when I got it, so I didn't bother trying to make a PSN account.

...Forgive me if I'm stupid, but if all this is true, how in the world am I supposed to use QCMA to make a backup? I only have a few ideas really. One is ReNPDRM, and just log in to PSN that way. But I'm hoping that that I've just got the wrong information. May I get some assistance?

Outside of getting QCMA working, I've pretty much figured out what to do.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really think you need a PSN account as it associates every backup with that account.
If you just quickly sign in on your Vita to it and never sync any trophies a ban isn't hopefully that likely.

TheOverseer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really think you need a PSN account as it associates every backup with that account.
If you just quickly sign in on your Vita to it and never sync any trophies a ban isn't hopefully that likely.

Kill me now.

Well, on the bright side. At least I didn't update without it. I think that needs to be in the documentation:

If you accidentally update without a PSN account, you're literally doomed, as QCMA won't work to get Vitashell, and without Vitashell you can't install ReNPDRM to get QCMA to work. Ouch.

Oh well, let's try the ReNPDRM approach and see how it works.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This will work if done correctly.
I myself had to format the memory card of the vita tv and start from scratch. I'm using my main account to use the already backuped vita games from my other vita devices. ReNPDRM will hack your act.dat in a way that it will work as long the plugin is active (sony made some trickery to disable old working act.dat if you try to login with your psn account and it won't work anymore without a valid backup; keep in mind PSPlus Games won't work with it anyway but for this there is nonpdrm). After the device could access and use my licenses I quickly changed the password of my account and know the device is working with all games I have and without the ability to log in to PSN.
If you disable or delete renpdrm after you logged in all licensed content won't work anymore since act.dat is invalid without renpdrm. This was something where I stumbled upon.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you accidentally update without a PSN account, you're literally doomed, as QCMA won't work to get Vitashell, and without Vitashell you can't install ReNPDRM to get QCMA to work. Ouch.

You can always factory reset to do the initial setup again... and actually (for now) you should be able to sign in outside of the initial setup using only the version spoof

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1