Hacking QCMA FW update 3.60 error Solution "the latest version of the system software is already installed"

prof955

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi folks,

if you having a hard time like me; while trying to update your vita offline by QCMA to 3.60 fw (Henkaku) and also you can't find any information about this, i have found the problem...

What was my situation / position:
  • i had correct files and correct file names too (psp2-updatelist.xml and PSP2UPDAT.PUP)
  • they were at correct place
  • refreshed qcma database (it was giving an error like no vita is added or something. just ignore it)
  • usb is connected
  • qcma was seen vita (vita connected message i get)
But i was getting an error by vita everytime i try: "the latest version of the system software is already installed"
i tried many times without any luck. i was checking file names, folders everything!
But no luck.

Finally i was about to give up and just give it shot to qcma settings (Other tab) (right click qcma tray icon -> "settings" -> "Other" tab on top.)

The problem was in QCMA settings!

because there is a setting is defaultly checked which is preventing you to update your vita to 3.60 fw...

you should do exactly same settings like as i attached to this thread. (Sorry i couldn't use imgur or some similar because of i am new member, system is not alowing me to use hyperlinks:( )

After this you'll succeed to update your console(i hope)
You should just do normal operation after this(please restart vita first, so clean start)

i created this thread because there was no information about this settings. Maybe it is about version of qcma or something but there was no information at all.
i hope this can help someone.

Attachments

• Settings.PNG
    Settings.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,100
Last edited by prof955,

prof955

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
No one had that problem? :)
Or no one wrote anything hehehhe
Post automatically merged:

No one had that problem? :)
Or no one wrote anything hehehhe

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There just isnt a reason to do this these days, you just update to latest then downgrade and install Enso all in the same action on the system itself now, even before that you could just use the henkaku DNS to update to 3.60 on the Vita.
The way you did it in the OP was very outdated by 2018

I do think its still neat that you found an issue then shared the solution tho :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma. +1