Hacking (Q): PS Vita FW 3.35, How to install VBHL and other questions?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone,
I'm thinking of hacking my ps vita which i have currently at FW 3.35 (i haven't used my vita in a while, so it's fw is at a good state for hacking :) ).

um, i looked into hacking it mainly for emulators (for specifically N64 emu) as the rest i have on my psp console which all work great , except N64 emu which is balls :sleep:

so i was wondering, since I'm at 3.35 FW, what's the best hacking method for me? i heard about VHBL and about using custom bubbles without buying a game form PSN store.

can someone point me to how to install vhbl on vita? i can't seem to find a specific guide for it on 3.35 fw?

also for running only the n64 emulator on my vita, would VHBL be better or tvn (the cfw)?

and since i have some games on my vita that are psn related (final fantasy I-X2), with their saves, will installing vhbl affect them in being able to play them or lose my saves for them?
:unsure:

thanx and hope some one can help me out

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you said, 3.35 is okay for shenanigans, usually people say 3.36 and you can manually update to that but unless you have a reason to it's fine as-is.

N64 emulator will run just like it does on your PSP with current means (thus still balls, just potentially better screen for them)

Custom bubbles without an exploit game? I know of no such thing. Only trick in Vita mode that writes files to that location is EML which can't rename files. You need either an existing game which is exploitable, a backup on a PC of one (not that kind of backup, CMA backup) or a PS3 to transfer one.

VHBL is either as a custom bubble (look for a custom bubble guide and a VHBL.ISO to make a bubble with) or as a game exploit. Game exploits are per game on how to perform, and you need one at some point even if you just want bubbles. Just make sure it's actually compatible with your firmware, trying a 3.18 exploit will just be a sad loss of money.

If you're contemplating VHBL vs TN-V or ARK, then choose whatever's not VHBL. TN-V and ARK run with kernel access and can run PSP ISOs and all that other good stuff you may expect, whereas VHBL is just homebrew. Though, again, N64 emu will still be balls.

Since everything stated so far is PSP mode, anything Vita related has nothing to do with it. Unless you screw up and format your card, the rest will be fine (and even then you can backup and restore in OpenCMA/QCMA at will).

Rejuvenate may be able to run a better N64 emu, but for now that emu doesn't exist and a way to use Rejuvenate without having prepared well in advance doesn't exist either (AKA can't do it now).

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanx for the reply, dkabot
i guess if the N64 emu sucks that bad even on vita, then there's no point in hacking it until a better emu/hacking method is released,
i'll stay on 3.35 sys on my vita just to be safe for hacking purposes in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill