Q>Problem reading game on my PC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by airnolds, Oct 9, 2008.

Oct 9, 2008
  1. airnolds
    OP

Newcomer airnolds Member

Philippines
    Hi!
    i can't seem to read the Wii games i insert on my PC, i have a DVD RW LG and the program NERO. but it always read it as a blank dvd/cd

i also tried to read it on my mac laptop but it still showed up as a blank dvd/cd.

Any suggestions?

2. OmniSlash2o6

Member OmniSlash2o6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Um you cant read WII/NGC games iono how to explain it but I remember from the gamecube days you had to USB to USB or Wi-FI then transfer the game out that way or something?

3. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Normally you can't. Retail games for Wii and Gamecube aren't quite DVD. Their minor differences make then not readable on most standard drives.

Although a small number of drives may, by using special software.

4. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Even if you have the correct drive, NERO will still be unable to read the game. The games are pressed in a way that stops computers from registering the game. If memory serves me correct, the original files that the games are are encrypted iso's with a .wii extension. This is the reason it takes so long to dump games using the drive as it has to decrypt it.
    Once the game is dumped and burnt, you will be able to read it as there is no more encryption and no copy protection.

5. airnolds
    OP

Newcomer airnolds Member

Philippines
    ah i see, but is it possible to copy a burnt game? using 2 dvd drivers?