[Q] Possibility of DLDI patching HB?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by WhoAmI?, May 12, 2015.

1. WhoAmI?
    OP

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    I recently made a post about installing Sudokuhax on the 3DS and as we all should know by now, Sudokuhax doesn't have dldi patching. Could some one make a DLDI patch that works with it? I'm not informed of any of the details so forgive my stupidity.

Heres a thread that I found about applying DLDI patches to homebrew: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/topic/21405-complete-guide-to-dldi/ is it possible to make a DLDI that works with the 'DSi' SD card? Theres DLDI's for various flashcards... Maybe it could be possible to do something similar so we could interact with the DSi Hardware without the need of libnds.

Again, I don't know about the details of how this works so please no negative comments - if you have something bad to say, don't bother saying it.

Margen67 likes this.
  2. elhobbs

elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    Sudokohax does not have access to the sd card. So you would need to find an exploit to gain this access first.

3. WhoAmI?
    OP

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    If it doesn't have access to the SD card, how does it load .nds files from it? At the moment, libnds only supports a max SD size of 2GBs, which is one of the many reasons why a custom DLDI patch may be useful.

It does have access to the SD - if it didn't, how on Earth does it load boot nds?

Margen67 likes this.
  4. elhobbs

elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    ignore me. I was thinking of something else - possibly the cooking coach exploit. Sorry about that.

Margen67 and WhoAmI? like this.