Hacking Q: From RXTools with Emunand to ARM9LH

Lucidioebb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have an O3DS with RXtools and Emunand, i really want to install ARM9LH because everybody think it´s the future on the 3DS scene.
My 3DS has a bunch of CIA games installed and i don´t want to loose them after the installation.
Reading the Plailect Guide (and under my understanding of the process) i assume i could:
1. Follow the guide from part 4. The guide declares that i need a working RedNAND (I have Emunand) and CFW (I have RXTools). Also i have installed FBI and have backups for emunand and sysnand, so i could folow the guide from section III Rednand Prep to format Emunand and later downgrading (section IV).
2. Make a backup of my 3DS folder and restore this backup as final step to conserve my games.
Am i correct?????

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have an O3DS with RXtools and Emunand, i really want to install ARM9LH because everybody think it´s the future on the 3DS scene.
My 3DS has a bunch of CIA games installed and i don´t want to loose them after the installation.
Reading the Plailect Guide (and under my understanding of the process) i assume i could:
1. Follow the guide from part 4. The guide declares that i need a working RedNAND (I have Emunand) and CFW (I have RXTools). Also i have installed FBI and have backups for emunand and sysnand, so i could folow the guide from section III Rednand Prep to format Emunand and later downgrading (section IV).
2. Make a backup of my 3DS folder and restore this backup as final step to conserve my games.
Am i correct?????
Incorrect... https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
Skip steps 4-12
(Before anyone talks about not skipping anything, look at what is done during those steps :P)

When it says RedNand, EmuNand will also work

Lucidioebb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the process yesterday without any problem. After a little research, lot of reading, some questions in this forum and understanding what you´re doing it´s very easy to do the switch. My formal configuration was rxtools with emunand. This is by far better.
Thanks to this amazing comunity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: