Q: From RXTools with Emunand to ARM9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lucidioebb, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Lucidioebb
    OP

Lucidioebb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    I Have an O3DS with RXtools and Emunand, i really want to install ARM9LH because everybody think it´s the future on the 3DS scene.
    My 3DS has a bunch of CIA games installed and i don´t want to loose them after the installation.
    Reading the Plailect Guide (and under my understanding of the process) i assume i could:
    1. Follow the guide from part 4. The guide declares that i need a working RedNAND (I have Emunand) and CFW (I have RXTools). Also i have installed FBI and have backups for emunand and sysnand, so i could folow the guide from section III Rednand Prep to format Emunand and later downgrading (section IV).
    2. Make a backup of my 3DS folder and restore this backup as final step to conserve my games.
    Am i correct?????

2. Ricken

Ricken Crawling from Hell, Falling from Grace

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Incorrect... https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
    Skip steps 4-12
    (Before anyone talks about not skipping anything, look at what is done during those steps :P)

When it says RedNand, EmuNand will also work

3. Lucidioebb
    OP

Lucidioebb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    I did the process yesterday without any problem. After a little research, lot of reading, some questions in this forum and understanding what you´re doing it´s very easy to do the switch. My formal configuration was rxtools with emunand. This is by far better.
    Thanks to this amazing comunity.