Not open for further replies.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but it's straight up not worth it. Dinoh knows more about it than I, but you need a sun drive connector or something. But I can tell you the Wii CANNOT handle whatever speeds your SSD will pass over to it and it will negotiate down to whatever USB 2 or DVD data speeds it can handle.

Hell, the PS4 can't pass data at SSD speeds.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
OP
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Yes but it's straight up not worth it. Dinoh knows more about it than I, but you need a sun drive connector or something. But I can tell you the Wii CANNOT handle whatever speeds your SSD will pass over to it and it will negotiate down to whatever USB 2 or DVD data speeds it can handle.

Hell, the PS4 can't pass data at SSD speeds.
Okay, that's good to know.

If I could at least get it to run, how would that work?

Lmao the PS4 needs some upgrades.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need to get a Sundriver yep.
It's a ODDE that replaces the DVD drive with a IDE or SATA HDD adapter.
The SATA one could probably handle an SSD and I'd say do it if money isn't an issue for future proofing but other then that, it'll never take advantage of the SSD speeds.
I've got a... 320GB HDD in mine and every game I threw at it loads just fine.

You could also opt to remove the DVD drive, gaffertape a SSD in there and have a USB lead leading out of the tray to the USB hub or you know, solder it internally.
You'll be limited to USB loaders tho.

tl;dr, yes it's possible but you must need some hard to find hardware if you don't want to hack it apart and solder some wires.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hooking up a drive in place of the DVD is a nice idea, but this isn't a PC with a BIOS and a proper OS. I don't see how cIOS or anything else will even see the SSD via that interface. It's not the same as hooking up a USB drive off the included USB ports. Mounting a USB drive inside the Wii would be easy. But I don't see the other method working.

• Angry
Reactions: Guggimon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1