Hacking Purchasing My First Flashcart for DS Lite...Final Comments?

Reku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to everyone who put so much time into detailing the various flachcarts pros/cons. I spent a few hours reviewing the material presented on this site and am looking for your opinions before I make my final choice.

The Supercard DStwo seems to have many features and receives many "this is the best" comments. For those that have used the GBA emulation, is game music/sound accurately represented? This and the additional drain on battery life could be a deal breaker. If anyone has tested the difference in battery life, please let me know. There seems to be alot of potential in this card, but many posts point to bugs that have yet to be worked out.

My other choice is the Acekard w/EZ Flash 3 in 1. Is there any reason to get the Acekard 2.1 over the Acekard 2i for my DS Lite?

Please share your thoughts. The price for the Supercard is identical to the Acekard/EZ Flash combo so price is not really a concern here.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An EZ3in1 would be preferred to the DSTwo's emulation. If you plan on getting a 3DS, no need to worry about the Acekard 2i either - that's only necessary if you plan on getting a DSi.
I'm guessing that some DSi/3DS mode cart with onboard CPU will come out eventually - I'd go with the AK2.1/EZ3in1 combo in that case, especially if you already have an iPod or other PMP.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go for the AK2i or CycloDS iEvolution with the 3in1. The DSTwo could be interesting for the GBA emulation, but with a 3in1 you get native GBA which is almost flawless. The AK2i is nice and has basic functions (great game support and such) while the CycloDS Evo has Real Time Save, slow motion and a bunch of other interesting features. As for future reference, get a DSi compatible cart just in case. The difference in price is around $2 so if you want to get a DSi in the future, you won't have to buy a new cart. The AK2.1 and the CycloDS Evolution aren't DSi supported while the AK2i, SCDSTwo and CycloDS iEvolution are.

-Qtis

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4. My original R4 hasn't failed me ever. (Thanks to Wood
biggrin.gif
)

syph007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a tough call, I ended up buying a few different ones to see what I liked the best.

For me my favorite is the EZFlash Vi. Supercard DStwo seemed best, and it would be if it wasnt for the battery drain. And the acecard is good too, but the reason I actually favor the ezflash Vi is that its a side loader for the micro sd.. i prefer that to the ones that stick out the back. I know, not a major deal, but i prefer the safety of side load, no accidentl loss of card.

Reku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syph007 said:
It's a tough call, I ended up buying a few different ones to see what I liked the best.

For me my favorite is the EZFlash Vi. Supercard DStwo seemed best, and it would be if it wasnt for the battery drain. And the acecard is good too, but the reason I actually favor the ezflash Vi is that its a side loader for the micro sd.. i prefer that to the ones that stick out the back. I know, not a major deal, but i prefer the safety of side load, no accidentl loss of card.

The Acekard is very budget friendly so I will have no problem moving onto another card if things don't work out between us
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended