Homebrew PunEmu

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
works fine for me booting roms from SD, USB and DVD, all with the exception of genplus which doesnt mount the USB

Dont see how a channel works as PunEmu is classed as a Wii game and not individual HB apps on the sd, unless you made a USB game forwarder channel using Crap or somethng like that

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
works fine for me booting roms from SD, USB and DVD, all with the exception of genplus which doesnt mount the USB

Dont see how a channel works as PunEmu is classed as a Wii game and not individual HB apps on the sd, unless you made a USB game forwarder channel using Crap or somethng like that
i replaced all the dols with new ones and run the punemu with ios251(58), all works now (couldn't tell if it's the dols or the ios), except sega but when I quit any emulator it takes me back to SM not emu-selection!!!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
returning to the SM is because you replaced the modded emu dols with offical emu dols, the dols pune provided are modded to return back to the selection screen plus some other changes

Read the first post, its all explained there, If you want the lastest emu versions add the changes pune made to the emu sources then compile, add the new dols in the respectful places then compile your PunEmu again with qtwiitgiu

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
returning to the SM is because you replaced the modded emu dols with offical emu dols, the dols pune provided are modded to return back to the selection screen plus some other changes

Read the first post, its all explained there, If you want the lastest emu versions add the changes pune made to the emu sources then compile, add the new dols in the respectful places then compile your PunEmu again with qtwiitgiu
Not worth it. I will download precompiled patched dols though if someone links'em ;)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
their in punemu1.1.wbfs in the dl link above, just use quiwitgui or compile with the source tho youll not want to :-P

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
what exactly do you need by its not recognised?

Does it mount? if so have you changed the directory location via the setting and set where they are loaded/saved

If you want to boot roms off USB then it really defeats the purpose of this mod though you can do it

bikeking8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, my thanks for all the hard work.

Was able to successfully install and play some games after I found a rar file floating around that actually had all the files needed. Placed the roms in the required "working dir"' paths and burned an iso. Using a Hitachi SimpleDrive Mini wbfs partition with the iso transferred to the wbfs partition so as to load with Configurable USB Loader. I've run into some problems, though:
  • "Exception (DSI) Occurred" error message/crash whenever I attempt to load Genesis Plus GX from the main menu
  • Settings never seem to stick, always have to redo configurations (video/loadsave/etc)
  • Though I have a windows-compatible partition on the USB HDD (which never was a problem with loading wii isos), I cannot access that partition. I'm thinking it may be because the wbfs partition is already mounted?
Any help would be appreciated.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm.. I can't see a damn thing in this thread, can the formatting be fixed by a mod or something, I'd like to see what this is all about again. Hopefully the links are all good, if not sorry for bumping the thread. It caught my curiosity though.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm.. I can't see a damn thing in this thread, can the formatting be fixed by a mod or something, I'd like to see what this is all about again. Hopefully the links are all good, if not sorry for bumping the thread. It caught my curiosity though.
Try using a different browser I'm using latest Chrome & I am able to see everything just fine.

knm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by knm,

alfabravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
parabéns, excelente trabalho, também gostaria de saber como fazê-lo, para poder ajudar nos apoios ... mais plataformas de jogos seria interessante ...

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may be pointless to reply to this thread as GiantPune hasn't said anything on gbatemp for over 10 years and his yt doesnt seem to focus on wii homebrew anymore but could there be a chance I could get an updated files I can't find the Pune emu iso through any of the still functional download links

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I definitely still have this, but my Wii gear is in a box somewhere (moved to a new house 3months ago but it's still under construction and my builder is a real AH and nothing is getting done, lots more to that story but I'll spare you the details, basically fml right now). Anyway, If no one else replies with a mirror link remind me and I'll put the effort in to dig it out of storage for you

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely still have this, but my Wii gear is in a box somewhere (moved to a new house 3months ago but it's still under construction and my builder is a real AH and nothing is getting done, lots more to that story but I'll spare you the details, basically fml right now). Anyway, If no one else replies with a mirror link remind me and I'll put the effort in to dig it out of storage for you
Thanks I'll remind you if nobody sends a mirror link :D
Post automatically merged:

I don't think anyone is gonna send a mirror link themselves :P
Wode Jukebox homebrew is dead But I think I may have found someway that it could be made useful again :)
Post automatically merged:

not to lie that I'm pretty sure the post is so old that its starting to not even have the embeds working anymore so yea

Last edited by ColdBlitz,
Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol