Hacking Punch out system update

blueoakleyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squablo said:
just bought the game, ntsc us wii and ntsc us game. Its asking for a system update. I dumped it to my usb drive, but I get lock ups every once in a while using that.

I want to play my disc version, but its asking for an update. Madworld did this for me too, and I just did the update. Everything was fine with madworld, but I dont know about this one. Has anyone done the update yet?

I just dont want to mess up my wii and would like some confirmation

there's an ultimate 4.0 guide somewhere in the first few pages here.. it has like 45 pages.
I followed that guide and it worked well.

I downloaded everything and relabeled each folder 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.. then made a copy of each .dol file and renamed each to boot.dol

the only one that didn't work with that system was #5 which wandered into some other folder that said "use this 3rd" but ignore that

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im already on 4.0 I used wanin's updater but its still asking for system update. There is no other system software more current than 4.0 correct? Just want to make sure nintendo didnt sneak anything into this update

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?anyone? Just want to make sure. Last thing we need is another "oh no I screwed up my wii" thread..........

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but wont I have to run it through gecko every time I want to play it then? I would really like to just play it from the disc channel, after all, I did buy the freakin game..................

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
"automatically be installed"

Note: installed. Not "run", "installed".

You can run from the disc channel henceforth! Go and serve the kingdom, warrior!

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just launched the game from gecko, and afterwards, I went to the home menu, and it is still prompting for the system update. Is there some option in gecko somewhere to tell it to 'install' the missing ios files? im using gecko os 1.9.1

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if anyone does install the update, please let me know what happens. I saw someone in the first post had mentioned that they installed it, but I didnt see anything about what still works/doesnt work etc.

Thanks again to everyone here giving feedback. You guys are great

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squablo said:
Well if anyone does install the update, please let me know what happens. I saw someone in the first post had mentioned that they installed it, but I didnt see anything about what still works/doesnt work etc.

Thanks again to everyone here giving feedback. You guys are great

Well I did the update and my HBC still works fine, though I don't really use any wad stuff or anything like that, I just run emulators through it. Strangely though, I was on 3.2U before the update and after the Punchout update it was only on 3.4U. I would've thought Nintendo would have had 4.0 on it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
and this is the 4th or 5th Wii game with 3.4 update in it, trust me, 4.0 is not going to be on games (maybe) till december..!!
smile.gif

JonLeung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I may be in the same boat as squablo, or at least similar...

My Wii is softmodded; it's got system OS version 4.0U and I've got the Homebrew Channel installed.

I plan to purchase Punch-Out!! but I too am concerned if doing the update from the disc itself will render the Homebrew Channel and/or any USB Loaders inoperable.

And on a more general note if I should ever need to be wary of any update prompted by the Disc Channel in the future, Punch-Out!! or otherwise...

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought it, ripped it, preloader hack on prevents the update and I've had no problems other than personal ones

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a few other games that ask for system updates, one of which is wii sports. I kind of like using my disc channel. It comes in handy for all those retail wii games that I buy. Its nice, ya know? So, anyone know if its safe or nay? Or even which IOS its wanting, and if there is a way to install that manually without using the disc?

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
using pal version works on usb loader and disc via softchip and backup launcher.....running starfall/preloader.............no problems so far

576ZR673tf

Pal game on Pal Wii 3.2, brickblocked it and USBLoader-GX : no ask for an update, game works.

JonLeung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if the Punch-Out!! disc asks to update and only brings it up to 3.4, what if you already have 4.0? Will it even try to update? I thought I heard someone say it still would, because it's checking other system files.

I have 4.0u, and I don't want to lose HBC and USB loader functionality just because I buy a game.

Safe to update, or no? Haven't any 4.0u users tried it by now? :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again