Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, Luma3DS is a "noob friendly" CFW.
As Apple (and more recently, Microsoft) products blatantly show, "noob friendly" often gets in the way of customization.

On the other hand, a high quality and very customizable CFW is now available thanks to chaoskagami, but its setup has historically been very inconvenient and, to a lesser extent, it still is compared to Luma. While most misconfigurations only result in very embarassing topics on gbatemp, "accidentally" deselecting kernel write protection (an optional feature on Corbenik) could also result in a9lh going horribly wrong. Luma also happens to be the only CFW that allows users to map .bin software directly to a button.

So, over this weekend I made Puma33DS.
If you didn't follow GBATemp in the last months and so you don't know what's up with the name (or this post didn't make you guess), yes, it's 99% based on today's current nightly of non-dev Luma3DS.

So what are the differences?
  • Region free is optional (which happens to be a workaround for the black icons that appear if you downgrade Home)
  • eShop/NZone anti-update, and Spotpass auto-update-download, patches are optional
  • SecureInfo patches are optional (= very easily switch between signed SecureInfo_A and un/signed SecureInfo_C)
  • Verbose ErrDisp patch from Luma-Dev (enhances "an error has occurred" while running in 3DS mode)
  • Select between Home and Test Menu if you have it installed (without the need for enabling UNITINFO or using Config/MenuSelector), thanks to @Reisyukaku

It's only officially available in .bin format, and it's incompatible with Luma (the /luma/config.bin must be deleted when switching) because, well, there are more options...

Help/Source/Downloads available at https://github.com/rboninsegna/Puma33DS :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are the payloads tethered to the launcher as well? If so, do I change them the same way I do Luma?
Yep, it should require pathchanger!

Do you think you can make a pre-compiled version? (Where we can just put our OTP with the files and install it onto our 3DS, like ShadowNAND)
Oh, you mean a stage2 version?
Well... I won't: partially because that's too risky for my skills, but also because, if we consider Aurora's "a9lh v3" to be a simplified version of Luma, whatever's left of it (sysnand booting, sigpatch and kernel write protection only) is no different than Puma :)

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have made a new version of this called Xxx_Pu55y420CFW_XXX that has PIN code stuff from the newest nightly
It's for A9LH
Can I post it here?
Config is not compatilble I assume

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have made a new version of this called Xxx_Pu55y420CFW_XXX that has PIN code stuff from the newest nightly
It's for A9LH
Can I post it here?
Config is not compatilble I assume
As long as you post the source code too, you're perfectly entitled to.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious perhaps not the best place to ask but is there a chance that any cfw can come with a updator that isn't a cia version? Maybe something installed as a payload or something on boot, that maybe can check for updates and perform them instead of having to install cia for updating? it just made me curious, I know how some psp CFW had some patches to replace official update command for CFW updates instead.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I was curious perhaps not the best place to ask but is there a chance that any cfw can come with a updator that isn't a cia version? Maybe something installed as a payload or something on boot, that maybe can check for updates and perform them instead of having to install cia for updating? it just made me curious, I know how some psp CFW had some patches to replace official update command for CFW updates instead.
No wireless comms in the arm9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "Impossible he memorized every book on the planet..." +1