Hacking Puma33DS CFW

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Soooo, very surprised nobody woke me up begging for info on 11.1 compatibility instead of trying themselves (by the way, it works just fine) ^_^

Remember when I said I would not be basing this on the dev version of Luma?
Well, that was because they've been for the longest time two effectively separate projects, the dev version being harder to understand and receiving less of the developers' attention.
Now that the separation is just a compiler flag, Puma33DS will be based on the superior variant of Luma!

https://github.com/rboninsegna/Puma33DS/releases

Reactions: gnmmarechal

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Soooo, very surprised nobody woke me up begging for info on 11.1 compatibility instead of trying themselves (by the way, it works just fine) ^_^

Remember when I said I would not be basing this on the dev version of Luma?
Well, that was because they've been for the longest time two effectively separate projects, the dev version being harder to understand and receiving less of the developers' attention.
Now that the separation is just a compiler flag, Puma33DS will be based on the superior variant of Luma!

Well I do have one question regarding 11.1 compatibility. Specifically, is loading the firmware.bin from 11.0 supported in v8? Though that is only needed to make BootNTR work.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well I do have one question regarding 11.1 compatibility. Specifically, is loading the firmware.bin from 11.0 supported in v8?
Yes, being based on the dev version (just create /puma/firmware.bin; in fact, you can also do this for the also 3 firmwares (twl, agb, recovery) if you have some weird reason to do so!)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For most people the only reason right now would be to keep BootNTR working until it is updated.
Bruh, closed source software with system level access :)

----------

And v9 is out, the key difference being support for a text file (/puma/pinmessage.txt) to be displayed on the password entry screen if you have one!

Since I was also running out of memes, I also added a (hopefully) one-off version that, instead of /puma, uses /homebrew/3ds/puma: it is absolutely untested.

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is still an active project? There have been a lot of changes to Luma.
Not really, because after messing with it a bit, I found out Cakes makes for an easier base for my original needs - and at the same time Luma made official some of my changes (like centralizing constants for the filenames)! - and I finally blocked the user who named this project

Sure Luma is still lacking a switchable regionfree or a testmenu patch, but we're in those 10 months of the year where academics and the WU scene have to take priority, sorry my reasonably few but very supporting fans...

Reactions: gnmmarechal

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, because after messing with it a bit, I found out Cakes makes for an easier base for my original needs - and at the same time Luma made official some of my changes (like centralizing constants for the filenames)! - and I finally blocked the user who named this project

Sure Luma is still lacking a switchable regionfree or a testmenu patch, but we're in those 10 months of the year where academics and the WU scene have to take priority, sorry my reasonably few but very supporting fans...
Irl stuff should always be first, especially academics

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

It's cool man, I didn't want to make a call on this if you were still supporting it.
It was fun well it lasted ^_^ Good luck with your future endeavors!

Reactions: Ryccardo

SilverfalconLP

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for you PumaCFW .Im use luma mod for unban eshop ,but not work games extended ram but can run whit this PumaCFW (im insert to Puma code the unbann patch of luma and compile) thanks

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for you PumaCFW .Im use luma mod for unban eshop ,but not work games extended ram but can run whit this PumaCFW (im insert to Puma code the unbann patch of luma and compile) thanks
Sounds more like a problem with your Luma build, since it's supposed to work fine with hiram software...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I was also K3nv2's pubic hair fluffer "Zek Hiel"