Hacking Public header on flashcards [doubt]

Shawarma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As a sky3ds user, i wanted to know if the "public header" information is saved in my console and if it's reachable even when the flashcard is not inserted in the console.
And if that could be a reason to be banned.

Thank you.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a user of sky3ds, i wanted to know if the "public header" information is saved in my console and if it's reachable even when the flashcard is not inserted in the console.

Thank you.

you will always be banned for public header. don't take take the risk just buy a POC 3ds game and make your own header if you can.

maybe the console i'm not sure.

StarOfDoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a sky3ds user, i wanted to know if the "public header" information is saved in my console and if it's reachable even when the flashcard is not inserted in the console.

Thank you.

A header goes into the game, they are different for every copy of every game. If there are two games running online with the same header at the same time, we think Nintendo detects this and bans the players. I'm not 100% sure what your question is. Your console has it's own header, but the header of the game is saved in the cart.

Shawarma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the information, summarizing, my question was that:
"if i play my flashcard games offline (wifi turned off), and only play online using original cards, am i safe?"

StarOfDoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"if i play my flashcard games offline (wifi turned off), and only play online using original cards, am i safe?"

As long as you don't play online without a private header (one you got from your own retail cart), as far as we can tell (we have no documentation from Nintendo or anything) you will be fine. Retail carts are always safe, as long as you didn't take the header and give it away online to turn into public.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only instances of bannings with public headers occurred Online, not even one was Offline, so you're safe with public headers on Offline ROMs.

StarOfDoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only instances of bannings with public headers occurred Online, not even one was Offline, so you're safe with public headers on Offline ROMs.

Or even better, if you don't plan on going online at all, just make the extension .3ds (as far as I know [I mostly use .CIAs so not that much] you can't go online at all unless the extension is .3dz)

Stratosfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've a similar question.
I can't get a private header (WTB one by the way, if you're interested, MP me :)) !
But I play offline with some games. My current is Pokémon Omega Ruby (offline). I've also Pokémon Bank. Can I use Pokémon Bank (online app from e-shop) without being banned ?

StarOfDoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've a similar question.
I can't get a private header (WTB one by the way, if you're interested, MP me :)) !
But I play offline with some games. My current is Pokémon Omega Ruby (offline). I've also Pokémon Bank. Can I use Pokémon Bank (online app from e-shop) without being banned ?

I am not sure on this one. I would say (don't do this until someone verifies this or you get a private header just in case you accidentally go online) just make the Ω Ruby's extension to .3ds, and like I said, I don't think you can go online with the game at all at that point, then you should be fine to have the wifi switch on and go into Poke Bank bit do not try this until someone verifies this, as I am not 100% sure on this.

Shawarma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't take the risk, yesterday i got the 002-0102 "error" (ban) while attempting to use the pokemon bank on my flashcard's pokemon Y.
Now i can't play online neither log on to my friend list

I don't know if it's a 15 days ban like other users reported, or if is just permanent.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*.3dz is just a container format, it doesn't differ from *.3ds. You're safe as long as the games you go online with have private headers, offline games can use public ones since they don't go online anyways. The 3DS doesn't save header infos as far as we know.

Reactions: Shawarma

Shawarma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*.3dz is just a container format, it doesn't differ from *.3ds. You're safe as long as the games you go online with have private headers, offline games can use public ones since they don't go online anyways. The 3DS doesn't save header infos as far as we know.

If you are right, my doubt is solved, thank you!

D

Deleted-19228

I wouldn't take the risk, yesterday i got the 002-0102 "error" (ban) while attempting to use the pokemon bank on my flashcard's pokemon Y.
Now i can't play online neither log on to my friend list

I don't know if it's a 15 days ban like other users reported, or if is just permanent.

Pokemon bank works fine. eShop games don't have headers.

Reactions: ground

Stratosfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so my only chance to play online is to have one private header. Unfortunately (mostly dumbly.... I didn't kew about all this stuff before getting baned, now my 3DS is on the latest FW) I can't. So please, I am looking into buy one to someone. Is there any section on this forum where I can ask for it (except the trade one, I'm a newbie here) ?

StarOfDoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so my only chance to play online is to have one private header. Unfortunately (mostly dumbly.... I didn't kew about all this stuff before getting baned, now my 3DS is on the latest FW) I can't. So please, I am looking into buy one to someone. Is there any section on this forum where I can ask for it (except the trade one, I'm a newbie here) ?

I could get a friend's copy of a game, and grab the header and give it to you for free, but that might be a few days (I only have one physical cart, and while I haven't used the header, I kind of want to keep it private just in case I need to at some point)

Stratosfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could get a friend's copy of a game, and grab the header and give it to you for free, but that might be a few days (I only have one physical cart, and while I haven't used the header, I kind of want to keep it private just in case I need to at some point)

Okay but I see you're american, aren't the headers "country related" ? (EUR, US, JAP,....). In the case it's not, MP me for more details if you want to give me one, but I'll really want to pay you if you do it, as a thank.
Anyway, if you're still interested, we shall continue this conversation by MPs I think, to not pollute this thread.

StarOfDoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay but I see you're american, aren't the headers "country related" ? (EUR, US, JAP,....). In the case it's not, MP me for more details if you want to give me one, but I'll really want to pay you if you do it, as a thank.
Anyway, if you're still interested, we shall continue this conversation by MPs I think, to not pollute this thread.

I'm not sure... I don't use Headers, I just install the games I use online through .CIA files.... do you not have a single retail game?

Stratosfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure... I don't use Headers, I just install the games I use online through .CIA files.... do you not have a single retail game?

I have one : Animal Crossing New Leaf. But there's no way to extract the header with the most recent FW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries