PS1/2 PSX Backup Help

Pyrochrome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wanted to burn some games onto backup disks to use on the Playstation1. I've done a lot of research but i'm still not sure if i know exactly what i'm doing; i would simply like some input before i buy a bunch of stuff and start burning so i don't make a stupid mistake. Here's what i'm using:
Playstation (duh)
Breaker PRO Modchip Disk
IMGburn
CD-R disks (Verbatim or Sony)
my computer: Presario CQ56

I already know how to use IMGburn and all that, but i keep finding conflicting information about what brand of disk to use and what burn speed i should set it to. Any advice?

G3nji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always go for Verbatim, been using it for longtime cd-r psx and dvd-r ps2 and works like a charm. For the burn speed go for the lowest as much as possible cuz you dont want to burn that laser real quick, on imgburn when you put the cd-r on the disc drive you'll see "supported write speeds" eg. 10x. 16x , 24x. in that case you're gonna have to choose 10x, going lower will still put you into 10x since its the lowest write speed.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wanted to burn some games onto backup disks to use on the Playstation1. I've done a lot of research but i'm still not sure if i know exactly what i'm doing; i would simply like some input before i buy a bunch of stuff and start burning so i don't make a stupid mistake. Here's what i'm using:
Playstation (duh)
Breaker PRO Modchip Disk
IMGburn
CD-R disks (Verbatim or Sony)
my computer: Presario CQ56

I already know how to use IMGburn and all that, but i keep finding conflicting information about what brand of disk to use and what burn speed i should set it to. Any advice?
For speed, always go for the lower, not only for the laser lifespan, but for the data itself, as for the disc, if they are for PS1, you can use whatever disk you got, i never had problems with an disk, i got 400 disc´s for 10 bucks, at a flea market, they are HP, 200 dvd and 200 cd, all of them light-scribe, used some on the old days for the wii and never had issues, when i had a PSX, always use Sony, then they started selling on small stores verbatim, but honestly any disc will do the job, just write it at the lowest speed possible, Go for 4x, or 8x if possible. ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc